New purple Samsung 2800mah unprotected 18650 batteries for $2.68 each

http://75.65.123.78/ICR18650-28A.pdf

Hosted on my home server, I believe I found it at all-battery, zbattery, batterygiant - or one of those sites, anyway. I looked and looked and I couldn't find anything like documentation for anything anywhere on Samsung's site.

Tks Comfy, its good to have it not just be a guess. One of the specs lists from samsung is in my post that you originally replied something about RPMs to me above. Your link has got to be the true specs of course.

Ok …
this makes a little more sense
95 mah seemed a bit odd for a new unused laptop pull
The samsung 26F’s I pulled from a pack started at 3.76 …charged up to 4.22V…but seem to not hold the 4.2 very well just resting . The Panasonic 2900’s I got from another Ubehebe suggestion do the same thing . This is why I am questioning the "New unused philosophy " as being …good as new … Not sure if it’s just common with all 2900’s or samsung 2600’s .
They are decent cells for the money so I’m not complaining .
On the other hand my many Rev. Jim Panasonics (pretty old )are very stout . I wouldn’t discount how these packs have been stored or handled .
Does anyone have an opinion about whether cycling helps for lithium -ion ? Obviously nimh 's need to be woke up from long naps .Do li-ion benefit from a few charge and discharge cycles ?

Well the reason I say that I must be doing something wrong because I did a 5A discharge on my keeppower 3400 which is only a few months old and got a similar result.

I am not a battery pro. Maybe my charger is inaccurate. I was doing from 4.2 to 3.0v. Would going to 2.75 make a difference? Surely not 2000mah difference.

This is why we have HJK.

Well, I would suggest doing a 1A discharge rate, then perhaps a 2A, then 3A. Anyway, this makes using a hobby charger an also satisfying hobby by itself.

If you have the ability to take it down to 2.75v (I don't, mine stops at 3v) try it at 0.2C (560mA) and see if it matches the published specs. You'll have to get them up to 4.30v for it to be comparable, though. That would at least answer the question of how well they've survived the long storage.

I prefer to use the caveman style testing …Just comparing side by sideone of these to a new one .
by the way i’m pretty impressed with the 26F 2600 samsungs so far …
initial impression is …pretty in pink
9 for 12.95$ …$1.50each

Datum point, I popped a fresh one (Acer Aspire purple-pack-pull, 4.15v, charged via i4) in my Trustfire X9, driven by a Njang 3040mA. Lasted 61 minutes on high before it went to low and started blinking. Took the cell out and it’s @ 3.17v.

My indirect test using two of the Samsung 18650-28As showed almost exactly 1hr run time on a 2800mA Convoy S2 until the low voltage flash started, initially the cells were charged to 4.2V, and were 3.0V when I took the cells out. I’d estimate they are performing right at or a little over what you’d expect by HKJ’s tests from that voltage (2480mAh).

Yeah I have already run the 1,2,3 amp discharge and gotten pretty close to what is published on the test by HJK as said before. And I’m extremely happy with the cells.

I just wonder why my 5A test wont show anywhere close to what his says. Is it my test equipment(most likely) or the cell?

I suppose since I’ll never run this cell at 5A, its a moot point. But I’ll always wonder!

You guys are great.

Are these the same purple Sammies that we all know and love? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Acer-Aspire-5810T-AS09D70-5600mAh-6-Cell-Li-Ion-Laptop-Battery-NEW-/330866672926?pt=Laptop_Batteries&hash=item4d0930c51e
Works out to $3.16 a piece…not bad!

Plus shipping.:wink:

On my screen it says "Free Shipping", do you get something different?

These are the same packs as in the OP. All the cheaper white ones sold out a few weeks ago. They all had the same cells inside.

Odd, for me it said shipping “calculated.”

Edit: That was on my phone. On my laptop, it does say free shipping. I guess it is a problem with the mobile version. Nevermind.

For me it says: “Does not ship to Serbia”… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, Sirius9… :frowning:

Does anyone know of a better deal?

tallboybass wrote:
Are these the same purple Sammies that we all know and love? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Acer-Aspire-5810T-AS09D70-5600mAh-6-Cell… Works out to $3.16 a piece…not bad!

I bought 4 (get free shipping with 4) from seller below offered 12.00 for each
& it made the cost 2.00 per cell. total for 4 battery packs : $48.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221001594383?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649

Shoot, I forgot about these…I remember offering him $10 each for 4 and he agreed! I just don’t need 24 more batteries!! :wink:

Steepdrop, did they end up being all good?

Did the four for $48 shipped deal last week. Tested a few, solid 2400mAh from my hobby charger (charges to about 4.18V), 2500mAh when charged on my i4 (about 4.21V). Also on the hobby charger at a 1.3A charge they were soft on the first cycle, the i4 at ~750mA didn’t seem to have that issue. Little more voltage sag than a new one from Fasttech, but similar capacity still and can’t beat the price at $2/cell. All cells were 2.0 to 2.3V when I pulled them from the packs.

5A discharge after an initial charge to 4.21V. Lots of voltage sag, but 2368 mAh. Cell gone a little toasty, but bounced right back to 3.65V after the torture.