[New Release] Mankerlight Timeback III (5 Versions)

Can you replace/swap the 21700 cells in the built in battery version?

Can you post some pictures of the electrical connection points between the fan/handle and the flashlight body?

If there is a possible point of water ingress where the handle mounts, I might as well get the version with a USB port as well. If the fan-body connection does not allow water in then the non-powerbank version may offer a greater overall water tightness.

Thanks.

No more working codes for Aliexpress after 11/11 ended?

Manker - when is the sbt90.2 / xpl-hi 4000k MK39 Ranger going to be available??

that light really interests me!!

Looks like a nice upgrade from the original! (Although i love a good xhp35 HI too).

EDIT: heres the video i found (18:30 for beam shots, they look great!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFI3E8eWkBM

This girl makes Great videos, of all awesome new lights. I wish i knew what she was saying lol, but there are some subtitles :)

Seems like manker wanted to offer a discount but didn’t actually wanted people to buy the MK38? The 25% coupon is no longer valid and we still don’t have runtime figures and specs other than the battery pack and the fact that it has 8 emitters. Really wanted the MK38 but I wasn’t going to take a $300+ leap of faith based on anodization color and looks…

Yea, I don't blame you. I didn't move on it either. Plus, I'd personally rather have the mk39 ranger!

Everybody saying the want a Mk39 Ranger, Check out SkyLumen, he has them regularly cheaper than what Manker is selling them for.

They soldout of their first batch of white stock. As of right now the community hasn’t given them an incentive to be quick on details.

I’m anxiously awaiting the full sheet of specifications as well.

While the coupon code was a great incentive, spending 300+ bucks on a light without a full understanding of capabilities and runtime wasn’t for me either. I’ll be waiting for the next promotion once we see the full numbers, I’m sure it will be an exciting light.

I am curious about the omission of onboard charging when I choose to use my own batteries. I hope that future versions will include the charging circuit when I don’t opt for the manufacture pack.

Ah hey, first BLF post. Long time lurker.

I have the same question, which doesn’t seem to be answered yet.

Regarding the MK38 with built-in battery pack and MK38 that requires 3x 21700 batteries.

Maybe you can post a picture showing the differences of these 2 different variants?

So, in case the MK38 with built-in battery pack has battery that becomes defective in the future, does that mean it cannot use 3x 21700 batteries?
Is the built-in battery pack non-removable or easily user-serviceable for replacement?

Manker, can you provide any more info on this light?

• Can you show/explain the airflow path?
  • For the “Battery NOT Included” version, is the charge port/boot still present?
  • Any updated specs?
  • Any updated on when the first batch will ship?
  • Have the rings in the beam shown in your video been fixed?

I bought one from Manker and one from Vinh…lol.

The airflow path is just the blower fans (there are two of them) blowing on the outside of the light body. They are small, maybe 30mm x 10mm, so there won’t be much airflow, <4 CFM total. I would expect a negligible gain in sustained output.

The Imalent MS08 has two fans about the same size as the MK38 and can keep the light at about 40 degrees so it wont over heat (admittedly the MS08 isn’t pushed as hard compared to MK38 - 34000L vs 41000L) - so I guess we could assume the MK38 could do the same-ish when driven at not the highest output.
IMO 8 hard driven XHP70.2’s in a light this small will never end well in any light.

But the Imalent uses fins below the shelf and the fan has a directed patch of flow for heat extraction, the design on the manker is basically hoping the air to flow around the body and removing some of the heat from the surface. If that part had fins one could 3D print some kind of shroud around it to force the air through.

i missed the sale, will there be one for black friday or cyber monday. pleaase :’’’(

Good point will34, I just wonder if the heat gets trapped between the body and the outer shell. but obviously it seems to work.

Hi Manker,

Any update on production?
ETA on second batch being shipped out?

The product listing now includes all the specs.

Cheers Dave, I think this will be a winner compared to the X50 and MS08 - I just wonder what the graph would look like with the SFT40’s.
Just my 2 cents worth from a guy that has been buying at least 300+ lights for me and co workers for over 35 years in all styles and coz I’m the only flashaholic I know so I vent here.
I’m getting the White (storm trooper) one with SFT40 no battery pack - SFT40 because I have and owned heaps of flooders (with XHP70.2 and other emitters) and no matter how powerful a light is, one half as bright but with nearly 3x the throw always looks twice as bright to the eye in real life use (with throwers you can use a diffuser if you want flood).
Also IMO HXP70.2’s will be too hot for a light this small, as this is comparable to the X50 but no fan and it drops to less than 4000 lumens after 90ish seconds on turbo or high. So if you say use med3 setting on the X50 you get 4000 lumens and you will get 3 and a bit hours runtime at less than 2/3rds the throw of advertised highest output, you can get that from a cheaper smaller light (from 1lumen dot com)
SFT40 will not get anywhere near as hot so will give higher lumens for longer + 3xish the throw.

Weekend rant over, sorry!