New site format

It’s interesting, will take some getting used to. Still learning the ropes. Is there dark theme for it?

It’s like andruil just click on stuff … hmm I wonder what 19 clicks does .
I got nervous when I couldn’t even figure out how to post a comment

Yes. Click on your avatar (top right)
Go down the menu and click on “your profile”
Click on Preferences
Then click on Interface in the next page
Choose BLF Light or BLF Dark in the Color Scheme section.

4 Thanks

Thanks for pointing out the dark theme–like that much better.

1 Thank

My eyes thanks you!

Where can I go to now for “My Subscriptions” ?

Ugh why did anything have to change? It was great the way it was

1 Thank

The dark mode is much nicer for me.

The old formato was better. I hate new one.
I vote for old one too

4 Thanks

There’s no way back. It is a completely new system and it was planned for months.

1 Thank

Hi,
Is there a way to get new post count on all topics like before? I know “watching” a thread will show new count but I want to see new count for all topics by default.

Thanks.

There is a learning curve, but I think this is an excellent update. The dark theme and mobile friendliness are great additions that were sorely needed. I’ve never used a forum powered by Discourse, and I was initially lost with the page navigation and the placement of the buttons. But now that I’ve given myself some time to learn the interface, I think this is a huge improvement over the previous site.

1 Thank

Yes, it’s modern and much faster/responsive. All things change… :vulcan_salute:

You could try setting all categories as “tracking” here: BudgetLightForum.com - Where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Then they should show up with a new posts counter and under the “unread” tab. But new threads are not in “unread”, so make sure to check “latest” as well.

1 Thank

My eyes thank you, too.

I’ve noticed some kind of “memory” behavior kicking in after viewing posts. If I back out of a thread, and go back in, it automatically scrolls to the next post in the thread from where I stopped scrolling. Additionally, if I go to ‘last reply’ in a thread, leave the thread and come back later, it defaults to last reply post. This is from an Android phone, and it doesn’t matter if I’m logged in or not. I think I like it.

1 Thank

what do i not like?

single line topics when scrolling

cannot quote the post you are replying to

2 Thanks

Hi there, “single line”, could you explain that a bit more please?

Actually it is possible, and gives more options than the old forum. Either select a part of a post and hit the QUOTE button, or use the “Quote whole post” button.

Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-34-22

I think he means the more “information-dense” layout that classical forums have. That’s about the only thing that’s really a bit worse with discourse but oh well, you get used to it.

1 Thank

ok
sort of impossible to guess that beforehand!

that’s what i meant
so that is not possible?