New Sofirn sc02.

https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256805078459690.html?pdp_npi=2%40dis!USD!US%20%2421.24!US%20%2421.24!!!!!%402103222216776004768455796e56e6!12000032412193322!sh&spm=a2g0n.store_m_newArrival.newArrivalWysiwyg_841757418.1005005264774442&gatewayAdapt=gloPc2usaMsite&_randl_shipto=US

1 Thank

Thanks for the heads-up @ch1ir !

Well, I’ll start by the cons: bulky for a 360mAh flashlight!
It seems to come in the line of the RovyVon / RV knock-offs / Nitecore/ Jetbeam / EagTac sequence of keychain lights, but less appealing.
Unless it as a tremendous UI (undisclosed in the page ATM), I am not sure this will be a winner :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Thanks

I agree, the only upside is that it looks as if it will be a replaceable Battery, but 10180, hmm. Good that it is CRI, but we will have to deal with the tint lottery that comes with the sst20.

1 Thank

Hum, from the image on the site, it doesn’t appear to be replaceable. Only if they do it as RovyVon and have spare bateries. But it looks like a complete module.
I believe the 10180 reference was for the SC01, not this SC02!

This is the non-mobile page:

1 Thank

Thats what i get for swimming again, good catch!

1 Thank

Following the link from the OP… there is an option for with or without a battery. Wouldn’t that tell us that the cell is replaceable?

Anyway, for me, pretty expensive for what it is.
So, I pass.

BTW, I have a few of the RovyVon type knock offs. They don’t get any use other than to charge them occasionally. I would be curious about the parasitic drain on the Sofirn. There is not much capacity for it to drain from…

1 Thank

Thanks for the normal link, MascaratumB! Ali still doesn’t adapt landing pages between mobile and PC devices.

Is this the first plastic body light we’ve seen from them (other than the rebadged/resold headlamps and such)? With the clip groove (same cruddy clip!) and the lanyard hole it does look like original design…ish. Very odd that the without-battery shows $21 for me in the USA and the with-battery is like $37. That makes me think that maybe they’ve rushed a product listing again without making sure it was ready for consumers…possible that two different lights are on the same page? That’s such a price difference.

More interesting to me is the new listing for the SP60, which appears to be an IF22A using 2x21700 cells. That’s a significant step for Sofirn! Might have to get one of those if we see some decent coupons.

Also kind of sad to see that Sofirn doesn’t appear to be interacting with us much anymore. Several introductions and options haven’t been mentioned over the last many months, they just show up one day on the site.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805078509375.html

1 Thank

this is listed on sofirn’s site now. selling for $10.39 with 35% + 20% discount.

https://www.sofirnlight.com/products/sofirn-sc02-mini-flashlight-320lm-usb-c-rechargeable-keychain-light-high-cri

1 Thank

Not much better than a $2 aliex special. I will pass.

I just picked one of these up from AlEx for under $4 (after a $5 coupon; it still would have been less than $9 without it). It’s not a terrible light; in fact at that price, it’s quite good. The size is ridiculously large for what it is though. It’s the same size as the SC21 or the Thrunite T1S! And its body is plastic… It’s transparent though dark, and there is plenty of unused room inside. It could be much smaller, or the battery could be much larger. The output is decent, the tint and beam are pleasant (more focused than the SP10 Pro), but the low of 20 lumens isn’t low at all and the high of 320 lumens isn’t that high (for its size). Granted, it couldn’t handle more than that as it, again, is plastic, and doesn’t have much in the way of heat dissipation.
I guess the red/blue side lights could be useful if that’s what you need. The flashing red could work well as a rear bicycle light or to attach to a kid’s backpack for night or low light walking. It has the same clip as the SP10 (which itself would cost about what I paid) and has USB-C charging. The UI is annoying (hold for on/off, single click mode change, double click to switch between main LED and side LEDs.)
Reading this back, it seems the only thing that’s making me say that it’s good is the tint/CRI/beam. That does make it better than cheapo $2/$4 no name purple lights, but it’s still completely disposable and forgettable otherwise.