New: Solarforce L2P 2011 -edition!

Again, something new from Solarforces FB account:

http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product_detail.php?id=417&s=7&t=FB

19$

Solarforce L2P HAIII Black flashlight Body Version 2011 REVERSE clicky VERSION

- Premium GOLDEN Grade L2P in Mil-spec type III hard anodized in black Verions 2011

With Tailstand REVERSE clicky VERSION

Just wondering, what new there is with L2P -body?

The picture at least looks the very same to me...

I think I will have send mail and ask them.

Finally, they changed the tailcap back to a Reverse Clicky

They didn't change it back, just released a reverse clicky version. Personally I love the new forward clicky version.

Just bought one. Was just curious if I would like the reverse clicky. Never had one.

This is great news, I can finally get an L2P for my Manafont UF drop in! I wonder if they are releasing the reverse clicky in different colours?

For the longest time I avoided forward clickies like the plague. When I finally got my L2P I found that I really like them. Now I ordered some switches so I can convert a couple more of my lights.

http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FB&s=7&id=229

Still struggling for the drop-in!

I emailed them and you can get every flashlight with reverse clicky for 2$ extra.

Ok, pulled the trigger on my first SF host, recommend me a good drop in? Favor 3 mode H-M-L, not disco modes. Looking at this one: http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=RB&s=40&id=289

I've heard a lot of people recommend the one from MF, but I'd prefer to get it all at once, instead of waiting for weeks for MF to deliver while I stare at my empty host...

And a smooth Stainless Steel bezel.

tha MF dropin is good- i have it and middle and low have some visible PWM.

my suggestion is get a 16mm xml , a nangj driver , 1.5 and 2.8 high modes plus med and low , and a empty dropin. worth the extra effort for a clean driver and no visible PWM. at least the ones i have

KD has both last time i checked

EDIT: and the SF host your getting looks perfect.

That's interesting. I sent in a question to them asking if I can get both switches (one tailcap).

PM E1320 . Get a custom dropin .

Cracks me up . . . $2 for reverse clicky? "New version" with reverse clicky?

All L2Ps used to be reverse clickies - and L2s as well.

verycleversolarforceFoy

I noticed that too when I got my L2P with a forward clicky. I have started to warm up to them now and for certain purpose built lights I can see how it can be really handy to have forward clicky. It's really not hard to get used to using once you figure out how mode selection works :)

When they started arriving with forward clickies, I just shrugged. I guess if my flashlights had some mission-critical purpose, it might bother me - one way or the other. If I had a choice I honestly don't know which I'd choose and I certainly would not pay extra for a reverse clicky.

The people I've sold to haven't even commented about it. They just gush about how awesome it is and can I "get them another." It's the strangest thing . . . . I'm completely honest and tell them I'm simply ordering from a company on-line. I even offer to send the links to what needs to be ordered. Nope. My boss, couple of the mechanics we use and this one gentleman that funds a lot of our pricier cars; they want me to "build them a flashlight."

I'm not complaining. I've been known for worse things and it's fun to see someone experience a truly bright flashlight for the first time. It's an un-tapped market for sure.

wonderifhesrightFoy

The 2011 version of the L2 bodies has a 3 mm shorter battery tube. This gives You better compatibility with unprotected 18650s and still works with protected ones. Now they have the same length like Surefire battery tubes.

Solarforce has those 3-mode xml’s.
They draw 1.6-1.7amps. If this is enough and ?"0 is no issue, get it.
Intl. Outdoor also has those new dropis with tint, mode and draw options. A bit pricey for 23 but might be good and worth it.

I dont like forward clickys. I was willing to spend extra bucks just to have a blue flashlight, so I wont hesitate to throw in another 2$. :)

JO at Solarforce Sales said it was $2 for the reverse clicky, and $1.50 to include the forward clicky. Now that begs the question, can they just leave the forward clicky in place and charge me $1.50 to throw a reverse clicky in with the package? With shipping, the switches, etc., this makes the blue L2P host $30.49 which I'm not going to pay. Now the sand L2 for $8.99 is looking a lot better.