NEW--SolarStorm 5xCREE XM-L T6 4x18650 3000-Lumen Super Power Flashlight

Boy, timing is everything. Just about to buy the King this afternoon when i pulled this thread!
Please count me in for 1. At 1.7amps per what kind of run time and duty cycle can we expect?
Any discussions about possibly integrating an input for tape switch? Appears it would work well with some Velcro directly under the handle for trigger finger toggle. Cant wait to see your initial tests. Looks like this will be a BLF Beast screaming for a set of micro brushless fans to keep it’s heads cool.

Ric, have you tested a 2 or 3S Li-po cell in these larger hosts? I yanked a 3S pack from an 1/8 scale DM-1 and its working very well and powering a regulated 3 x XM-L search light.

Thanks Fellas

Love the look of this, it’s a beast! :bigsmile:

Waiting for the beamshots

Has the prototype been tested yet?

1.7A x 5XML = 8.5A total delivered to LED array
8.5A x 3.4Vf = 28.9W total wattage to LED array

The driver will need to draw 36.13W from the cells in order produce those 28.9W (assuming an 80% efficient driver, a fair estimation for a well designed DC/DC circuit)

36.13W / 4Cells = 9.03W / Cell

9.03W / 3.5V-load = 2.58A per cell (assuming voltage sag under load results in 3.5V per cell)
So to get estimated run time divide the Ah capacity of each cell by 2.58A

My lowest CGR18650E cells do about 2.2Ah capacity (with a 1A draw from my chargers capacity test setting). So run time will approximate:
2.2Ah / 2.58A = .85hours

Panasonic 3100 mah cells will be:
3.1Ah / 2.58A = 1.2hours

That’s fantastic for this amount of output. I was planning on running AW’s 2900mah , a bit less in actual run time but should work well.
Kramer, Thanks for the calculations. Any concerns i did have have been addressed.

So we should expect somehow 2500-2800 lumen right?

Upgraded version back in stock now.

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1630

Started a new thread:

ThanKS
Ric

Project will be funded today. How did you manage to have the modified version re-branded so quick? It actually looks great with a tactical’ish type feel to it. The matte black and polished AL handle with 6 or 7 Hex Screws do the trick. Instead of Apex maybe this one needs a pinup and name like “Bouncing Betty” on its fuselage.

Looks better then the NightEye and the rest of the Howitzer multi-Led sized lights.

Thanks Ric! And the folks here for making this happen! ( if this was C-F the privileged GB list would have likely been unattainable to most). Over here you get help instead

Gratitude!

So where do we stand on the GB?

Just go to the website and order one. :P

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1630

Ric,

Can we get comparison beamshots of this against the SR King?

project funded. If i do get my light soon i’ll be more than happy to provide a review or
or comparison shots. Least i can do here as everyone actually did work on this and made it happen.
Not sure if im overlooking any forum rules or protocol or stepping on toe

+1

I'll do it, as soon as I receive my Solarstorm (or APEX, don't know which one will I receive..).

i want this but cant see how to add my shipping address, i can put it in basket but cant find any place to add my details please help :frowning:

I'll try to help you.

Easiest way to set the shipping address is to register to the site. If the registration process doesn't ask for the address (for any reason), you can log in and go to "User center" -> "Consignee address" and fill in the shipping address there.

And don't worry. As this will be your first order, Ric will anyways send you email and verify the address before shipping the goods. :)

I always PP Ric directly and then email ref number…. heh… Make sure your PP mailing address is correct though, but not an issue if you have been buying stuff from ebay (they are supposed to use PP address)

I double this challenge……

Oops I meant to post this to the Apex 5T6 thread… sorry.

Tricky bastard……