New TK35 look a like at Tmart

Which? The Small Sun, this T-Mart UniqueFire?

-Garry

That sort of head can be in serial. The clone TK35 has that kind of head “terminals”. But the clone TK35 has a battery holder doing the “conversion”, which the Small Sun does seem to have. So yes, my guess is that it’s in parallel.

I have the Small Sun ZY-T92 and it is serial.

Ok to be clearer, it seems that the Clone TK35 is also known as the Small Sun ZY-T92. That is serial. There are many copies which are just “unlabelled”.

The ZY-T08 seems to be parallel……this is a copy of the Ultrafire UF-T60 which is the first version to hit the market.

I'd be very interested in a parallel design that's floody. Guess I could always spray the reflector/lens with glass frosting spray (maybe just the lens and find a second lens to keep clear).

Just found more pix to go by on this Uniquefire and it's serial. You can see in photos in this link that batteries face different directions in carrier.

-Garry

This looks to be the same as all the other tk35 clones.

The Smallsun t08 is parallel as confirmed by ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS (works same with only one cell inserted).

Jes, this TK35 clone is serial, and the ZY-T08 is parallel. I prefer the parallel setup, but the TK35 clone has those nice dual switches which allows a much nicer UI than with a single clicky.

I just placed an order from it and as it is in stock in the US warehouse I should have it in 5 days or so. Full in depth review to follow. 8)

Smallsun on the way for review : ZY-T08

Certainly looks interesting :

Hey JM…I’m thinking of getting one of these also.Could you give me an update when you get it?Thanks…Rick.

Sure, my Tmart package arrived this morning bright and early. I opened it up and found inside a bright and shiny TrustFire TR-801 instead of the UniqueFire UF-F10 I ordered. SOB! I hate it when this crap happens. The SKU’s aren’t even remotely the similar so it is just pure carelessness on behalf of the warehouse pickers.

I contacted Tmart and requested an RMA along with the correct replacement as well as emailed Louis to have him see what he can do to speed things up. I have no problem shipping the incorrect item back as long as they send me an RMA shipping label but I hope they see fit to ship the correct item immediately and not make me wait until they get the incorrect light back. I know it's no big deal in the grand scheme of life but when you are anxiously waiting all week for something you ordered only to open the package and find the wrong item it's still very upsetting. Now I have to wait 2 or 3 days for them to get back to me (it's the weekend afterall) then wait another 5 or 6 days on top of that for them to send the correct torch to me. It just sucks when I could (and should) have had it in my grubby mitts today.

Johnny

Update: THey are sending me an RMA shipping label to use to send the wrong light back to them at their expense but they still won't ship me the correct light until after they get the wrong light and process it back into their system. After that they will send me the correct light (hopefully the correct light - still no guarantee it will be the UF-F10) and another week after that until I get it. So around 2 more weeks of waiting thanks to their mistake. Ugh!

That sucks!That makes two of us that are disapointed!I was hoping to hear how much you liked the light so I could order one tonight after a not so good day at work!Mabey I’ll just take the chance and oreder one anyways?-Rick

Screw it…I just ordered one also.No willpower at all!

It seems some have got something different...

I guess I was wrong, this tk35 clone isn’t like the other ones at all. :party:

Copied from my post in the other thread...

Their support department has offered me a refund on my order. Louis Huang has informed me that the UF-F10 is OOS in the US warehouse and apparently there are production issues. I have recommended they remove the UF-F10 from the site until they get their mess sorted out. In the mean time, the TR-801 will be going on the lift for an overhaul. I'm dropping a Nichia and 1.4A Nanjg (possibly with an extra chip installed) into it and grinding flat the bezel for a great high CRI EDC. It's an outdated light internally but the host is very solid and well made. Should make an excellent dog-walking torch.

so did anyone order this tk35 clone from Tmart? I’m thinking about ordering one from them. who sells the best tj35 clone?

I just received mine and will be working on a full review over the weekend. It’s a very impressive little light. Here are some first impressions…

Machining is very good. The light is entirely aluminum. The TK35 has an aluminum head and a plastic main body. Main power via forward clicky with a separate mode selection switch. 4 modes from very nice low to fairly bright high. 2 blinky modes are hidden via a long press on the mode switch. One is a very effective fast/slow combo strobe and the other is an SOS which is too slow and useless IMO. Throw is extremely good for a reflector of this size.

Do you have any of the other clones besides the tmart on to compare. It’s so much cheaper from them so tempting with the fast shipping also. (not helpful if I get the wrong light though)

I do not. This is my first one. I can only compare using other’s reviews and photos. DrJones did a TK35 clone review a good while back and compared it directly to the original. He also modded a clone to increase it’s output.