New to the forum

Join the forum to say thanks. I needed a flashlight that I could use my 18650 batteries in and found one I liked by researching here.

My first and last flashlight…Who needs more than one flashlight, right?

Welcome to BLF! :party: So, what did you choose?

Welcome, Bourne

you have a good theory there!

but reality is another thing

welcome to BLF… :beer: :beer:
but if you only want to be happy with 1 and only flashlight… stay away from this forum, as it turned me into a flasholic especially with cheaper bargain easily modable flashlights :bigsmile:

Thanks for the welcome(s). I ended up getting the Convoy C8 from Bang good.

I had no idea that flashlights could have so many options available! I think (hope) I made a good choice though.

Welcome to BLF!

welcome! if you want just one flashlight this forum is not the place to hang out. he heh

GET OUT!!! LEAVE!!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! DELETE YOUR BROWSING HISTORY AND FORGET BLF'S ADDRESS! THERE MAY STILL BE HOPE FOR YOU AND YOUR WALLET!!!

Oh, and By the way, welcome to BLF!

-Garry

You just entered BLF-level zero: I want a very nice flashlight and thanks to you guys (and the odd girl) I found one.

Leave before entering level 1, or before you know it you are on level 6: I've got a truckload of flashlights including the best performing light in every category, tried out all the mods and am still hungry for new flashlights. Although my funds have dried out months ago, I am scanning chinese websites daily for new interesting lights, and the Cree and Mouser websites in the hope that the next generation of even better performing leds just arrived.

Welcome to BLF :-)

a c8, that´s a bad beginning. Many huge collections started with a c8… (mine included)

Actually the Convoy C8 is a very good light. On your first try, you probably picked a better light than 90% of us did on our first try.
Congratulations!

my first flashlight 3 years ago one sst50 c8 op :ghost:

Thanks for joining the party, bourne!

Too funny, you guys crack me up. I just ordered the light so I have a week or 2 or 3 before it arrives but I'll keep reading the forum just in case I need another flashlight or maybe 2 more but then that will be it...

Heh heh. It seems like you made a good first choice. In all honesty though I would suggest having more than one flashlight for practical reasons. Batteries go out, usually at bad moments. Having a smaller light as a pocket light or keychain light can be a real help. Also doesn’t hurt to have a decent light in your car. I recommend a AA for that. Common batteries are useful in some situations. I’m not saying you need to go crazy and have a hundred lights, but there are practical reasons to have more than one. :slight_smile: the danger comes if you happen to have a collector personality…

I truly believe you need to go crazy and have a hundred lights...

Well, that’s the fun way to do it. (And I only have 5 good lights now, but a rather extensive wish list) but I seriously feel that everyone needs a few good lights.

Welcome to the forum duokun. C8 is a nice all around light. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hmm . . . sounds like a good title for a flashaholic movie - maybe even a parody video :) .

-Garry

Welcome to BLF and hide your wallet. :bigsmile: