New to the forum

Actually the Convoy C8 is a very good light. On your first try, you probably picked a better light than 90% of us did on our first try.
Congratulations!

my first flashlight 3 years ago one sst50 c8 op :ghost:

Thanks for joining the party, bourne!

Too funny, you guys crack me up. I just ordered the light so I have a week or 2 or 3 before it arrives but I'll keep reading the forum just in case I need another flashlight or maybe 2 more but then that will be it...

Heh heh. It seems like you made a good first choice. In all honesty though I would suggest having more than one flashlight for practical reasons. Batteries go out, usually at bad moments. Having a smaller light as a pocket light or keychain light can be a real help. Also doesn’t hurt to have a decent light in your car. I recommend a AA for that. Common batteries are useful in some situations. I’m not saying you need to go crazy and have a hundred lights, but there are practical reasons to have more than one. :slight_smile: the danger comes if you happen to have a collector personality…

I truly believe you need to go crazy and have a hundred lights...

Well, that’s the fun way to do it. (And I only have 5 good lights now, but a rather extensive wish list) but I seriously feel that everyone needs a few good lights.

Welcome to the forum duokun. C8 is a nice all around light. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hmm . . . sounds like a good title for a flashaholic movie - maybe even a parody video :) .

-Garry

Welcome to BLF and hide your wallet. :bigsmile:

"A Few Good Flashlights starring ImA4Wheelr, Gords1001, Rufusbduck, & that cranky old man Old-Lumens (just kidding O-L). Watch these men face insurmountable odds trying to light up the darkness and defeat the evil forces of Greta. Coming to a YouTube channel near you!"

-Garry

What type of battery is recommended for a flashlight that would be stored in a vehicles glove-box for an extended period of time.

The Duracell / EverReady type batteries?

Oh and make sure to send me an invite for the showing of the movie.

Garry wrote:

"A Few Good Flashlights starring ImA4Wheelr, Gords1001, Rufusbduck, & that cranky old man Old-Lumens (just kidding O-L). Watch these men face insurmountable odds trying to light up the darkness and defeat the evil forces of Greta. Coming to a YouTube channel near you!"

I don't deserve to be mentioned with those masters, but that parody is too funny.

Lithium batteries would be my choice.
http://www.energizer.com/batteries/performance-lithium/ultimate-lithium/Pages/aa.aspx

Mr. Bourne ......your real name is .....David Webb

You are clearly deluded .

One light you say ??

Blasphemy !!

judging by your username are you sure not involve with treadstone or blackbriar? :bigsmile:

Ha! Famous last words!:D

Actually, you just "need" a Sipik clone, a good semi-small thrower, and a heavy duty lantern. Then...just maybe...you can walk away (if you don't look back).

Anyways, welcome to the nut house, Bourne!

Thank you, they look promising:

• Perform in extreme temperatures from -40°F to 140°F
  • Hold power for 20 years when not in use
  • Leak resistant construction

duokun got me thinking about having a good reliable flashlight for the cars now, so that would be one for the house, 2 for the cars. ( 3 total ).

oh crap, probably should get one for the motorcycle too while I'm at it. good grief

front door thrower

front door flood

back door thrower

backdoor flood

AAA keychain

AA or cr123 edc

car light Car#1

car #2

Garage light

tool kit worklight floody/beater

2AAA penlight

headlamp

nightstand nightlight/potty light

dedicated "WOW " light

executive classy titanium / stainless (dressed up edc)

a couple lights for gifts

a few mistakes

a couple Hi cri lights

6 different tints

Thats just the basics .....

Go back into hiding Jason Bourne ....dead man walking

Thats a long list but I can cross off the 2 cars lights now. Got 2 UltraFire 7W 300LM CREE Q5 off of Ebay just now..

No more purchases for the time being, need to wait for the 3 I bought to show up first.

((Still Walking))