New ULTRAFIRE 980lumen flashlight

Got mine today

Very nice made and almost the same lenght as my Solarforces L2..., except the head is a few mm more in diameter.

measured almost 4.7 A at the tail

Incredible hotspot.

Can't wait untill it's dark for the real compairing

4.7A!?!? Wowzers. That thing must be bright!! And create lots of heat!:S

Hopefully the 4.7A was with a battery just off the charger and will drop to a more sensible current quite quickly.

yes, more information on this light from those who have it, please. It is about 30% more expensive than comparable XM-L lights, curious if it is worth it. I have a T60 ordered (shoulda been here by now) that they claim is 1200L...$29.

4.7A what the hell... could someone do an extensive review on this light please?

first pic of the newbees.

Already modified the ugly strikebezel, looks now more friendly

UF is now even shorter than the SF L2P

Gonna thake them out now into the darkness...

4.7A what the hell... could someone do an extensive review on this light please?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must have some crazy strong batteries, my 980L pulls amps exactly the same as my 4 manafont drop ins.

3.3-3.5 amps on trustfire flame 18650s back to back tests with a mana drop in provides the same readings.

Mini review I haven't figured out how to capture beam shots yet.

1. Three modes low, medium and high, no stupid strobe modes.

2. Brighter than my brightest light, my KD-C8.

3. An XML thrower, hard to believe but what a hot spot.

4. Absolutely awesome heat transfer, builds heat into the light body fast.

5. Great threads and a real quality feel.

Did I mention how much I love this light.

Using the Redilast P 18650-2900.

Also tried the AW P 18650-2900, but those are flat tops and work not good with this light (has no spring on the driverboard)

Compared this light by the Yezl M6 XM-L T6, witch is for 95% even bright as the TK35

Must say this UF 980-L is way brighter and better thrower.

Think this is a TK35 killer?

Tomorrow I will compare by the TK-35, but I think I already now the verdict.

I want this light sooo bad. I have already spent so much damn money the last few weeks and $43 . . .

nicebezelFoy

but still more than 50% $$$$ less of the TK35, and more handsome (my opinion)

That's one of the things I like about it; no gratuitous excess, just a bold, awesome looking/performing light.

Foy

I think the biggest advantage of the TK35 would be runtime, as it is 2x 18650.

IF this light is pulling 4.6 A, it's gonna burn through batteries fast, maybe LED's too.

Yeah that's more than 50% above their rated current limit, it is possible that Cree have undrerestimated it at 3A but it's very unlikely they have done so my so much. If it keeps up that +4A for long it's not going to be doing any good to the LED.

How do you guys think this one would compare to the 980 lumen…
This one is new on manafont
http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-f15t6-3mode-1600lumen-led-flashligh-118650-p-6312

Alright, I just ordered it. Will do a full review.

Foy

WhoIsThaMan?FoyIsThaMAN!
Thanks Foy looking forward to your review

Did some new current test today...

current with fresh batteries dropped to 4.2A

I don't know how comes, but this is not the first time when I measure a brand new light, the current is way higher than after using this light for a few hours (also with fresh batteries)

Could it be that after an short burn-in of the emitter or driver, the current stabilize at a lower current?

4.7? 4.2? What in the hell have I got myself into.

emittertortureFoy

you know..I can't seem to recreate the 4.6a reading I initially got either when it was new..I get anywhere from 3.8-4.2a on all cells..

I'm wondering if that could be the effect of overloading the emitter?