New upgrade designs for Wurkkos TS25. Which one would you prefer?

The best part is this could be done just with UI, the simple UI could still be running on FSM.

That way, it can be flashed from anduril to simple and back.

1 Thank

I’ve been debating maybe adding a few extra UIs inside Anduril, so people could choose one without even flashing firmware. Not sure how much extra space it would take, but it would probably simplify production quite a bit by eliminating the need for multiple versions of the same light.

5 Thanks

Only thing I would see an issue with is that the people who might use the extra-simple UI would have issues getting to it, if it’s behind a menu or a certain number of clicks.

To be perfectly honest that would defeat a lot of the purpose of a simpler UI light for me… The same software in place just running a different “front end” that is selectable, means someone can still accidentally activate the "regular " anduril interface, and access all the settings menus and royally screw up the light. I like non anduril lights because they can be gifted or lent to Anyone without worry of how many times they accidentally click it and get into heaven only knows what menu’s.

Same hardware with a completely different software flashed to it, or an Anduril with No config menu available without flashing would be fine…

actually an interesting idea I
hadn’t thought of to try it before, i dont need the config menus any more the way i e customized A2, wonder, can I de-activate the menus being available?

Simplest I’d bet is to just burry them with needing a couple hundred or more clicks to activate… I did that with something else I couldn’t turn off becauseof dependencies, cant remember what now… maybe it as where tactical mode needs strobes available in the regular mode… something like that.

Hmm.

F1 is my favorite aesthetically.

However, more important than any of that would be a well-regulated driver. I’d be happy to pay more for it. More flashlights with drivers like the TS22’s, please.

1 Thank

The TS26 normal version would be available 2 month later. The TS26 Anduril version would be available 3~4 month later

2 Thanks

I entered the world of flashlights because of BLF.

Now I have more than 32 flashlights, more than 10 are anduril 2 and of various brands.

And it is true, the summer I was able to test the flashlights.

The anduril models are just for me, I love them.

That day I gave flashlights to the family and as in simple UI there is no Strobo (for fun) I put advanced to all.

I’m returning the flashlights!

It was chaos and I had to reset them all.

I will never again give any light with anduril to people who don’t know what they are doing.

It’s a shame but it was a real case.

I think it is missing a simple mode, that has smooth or stepped ramp and a single strobe mode.

In simple UI mode nothing happened nobody got to advanced but they asked for Strobo, this is where they messed up :sweat_smile: because to have strobo they have to be in advanced.

That is another option, once configured in advanced mode, a single strobe and without turbo or with turbo.

11H and H=25 seconds locks and unlocks the configuration.

This way it is impossible to reach it.

Certain button combinations would be nearly impossible for a user to hit by accident. I’m a bit skeptical of 9 clicks and a hold happening accidentally. But much longer like 100 is wild. How about 10H after screwing the tail cap in with the button held, or longer hold requirements for going to Advanced UI?

Lots of possibilities to make it less improbable, though I’d like to se more numbers on accidental 10H’s

1 Thank

Thank you for detailing this story, it is useful to understand why people are ending up in Advanced UI. It does seem like desire to access strobes might be one of the main reasons, it’s one of the items listed by ToyKeeper in some extended Simple UIs

I think that is a great idea. One further refinement- how about the inverse, selectively adding things to Simple UI? E.g. have a configuration menu for SimpleUI to allow the addition of those items linked above (Strobe, Aux, etc). Though ToyKeeper can weigh in on the relative complexity implementing that vs various preset menus.

When I delivered one of the flashlights it was the first thing I was asked how to set the strobe mode, it is true it is an obsession for many and I understand it.

In the woods in the dark they have fun in strobe mode. :sweat_smile: but it is only possible in Advanced UI mode and in advanced mode you have to do 3H and then 2C to get to strobe.

At the end of going to normal mode and strobe mode change the ramp or lock it etc.

It’s rare that I hear anyone say strobe should be easier to access. Usually people want it removed or hidden so they can avoid it.

Simple mode is intended to have only the most important core functions – off, on (adjustable), battery check, and lockout. It might be boring that way, but that is kind of the point.

However, I might try to find a way to fit some alternate UIs in, so people could use a different core interface. So if someone doesn’t like Anduril Simple UI or Anduril Advanced UI, they could use something else… like Olight UI or Zebralight UI or Sofirn UI.

6 Thanks

I prefer Anduril, as it is, it’s perfect.

What I am commenting on is the use of people who use the flashlight for leisure.

In my case they all wanted to have strobe mode and I put the flashlights in advanced mode because there is no strobe in Simple mode.

As you say on the second day I gave out Convoy S2+ and S21E and for the younger ones some cheap ones from a Chinese bazaar.

I personally like the candle mode, everything else I don’t use.

But it is true that in simple UI mode it has too much battery check (I never use it) and it lacks a single strobe mode, it even serves as personal security.

But this is my opinion.

Personally for my use, I only buy flashlights with anduril.

Edit:
I have the SC33 and the use is fantastic, smooth ramp that responds immediately.

But I would have liked this model to have anduril and to be able to regulate only the temperature, nothing more.

Jesus guys, 100 clicks of specific long and short holds?!

I purpose using morse code to enter ‘I confirm to enter advanced mode and accept all risks of damage of personal properties associated with it’, or this click sequence: … / -.-. — -. …-. … .-. – / - — / . -. - . .-. / .- -… …- .- -. -.-. . -… / – — -… . / .- -. -… / .- -.-. -.-. . .–. - / .- .-… .-… / .-. … … -.- … / — …-. / -… .- – .- --. . / — …-. / .–. . .-. … — -. .- .-… / .–. .-. — .–. . .-. - … . … / .- … … — -.-. … .- - . -… / .-- … - … / … - before you can enter advanced mode. Now about that for muggles huh?

1 Thank

:laughing: yes that would indeed be hilarious. Honestly I’d like to more detail on people claiming they accidentally get into Advanced UI via 10H as it seems pretty unlikely. The one story here about it is actually about them purposefully giving lights in Advanced UI mode to access strobes, so getting into accidental menus are shorter patterns than the 10H one.

Even still, I wouldn’t be against minor changes like making the length of time needed to held to be increased by some amount of seconds, if that would appease arguments like this. Though it sounds like the additional modes could be separated more than the current Simple UI

I still like the idea of being able to optionally add things like strobe/aux control to Simple UI or having a couple different basic UI’s to chose between. It indeed seems wasteful to produce 2 different sets of lights with different drivers/firmwares, especially since Anduril is compatible with various drivers now.

1 Thank

That’s a good point. It would be a nice day if all my lights have the same UI.

People can do all sorts of stupid things by trial and error. I’m not surprised they can accidentally enter advanced mode by repeatedly clicking by slight longer time to simulate a strobe. My 5 year olds does that all the time using my lights with tail switches.

1 Thank

Ah of course, now that definitely makes sense. And even more reason to have some way to access strobes from non-Advanced UI.

Though the point in the manual about it not being safe with regards to brightness/temperature is a bit of a concern. Perhaps a way to set a fixed max brightness/frequency for these additional simple modes.

Or we indeed just do as I want and let the manufacturer build a light NOT handicapped by excessively overengineered software and be done with it.

Edit to clarify, since it has been suggested this could be insulting to @ToyKeeper and the other evelopers; I did not mean Anduril is over engineered in itself. Quite the opposite, I love the software! I simply mean that using complicated software to implement a “Simple” UI, is backwards to my way of thinking, and would hinder such an endeavor.

Then people can choose which product to buy, instead of having to jump hoops to turn features on or off!

I love anduril for customizing everything.
But sometimes it would be nice if NOTHING could be changed.

Ooohhh… copying manufacturer interfaces! Why had I not thought kf this?

Ok, I’m off tov ee if I can get mt prefered fenix opperation on anduril… ie long press on/off, and click to change steps.

That’s a weird way to put it, but anyways some of us are interested in the benefits:

Simplifying production means cost savings, some of which would get passed to consumers. It also means they can more quickly move to other designs and updates, since from the timeline it’s clear the 2 versions adds several months to this one light. And they have several designs with community feedback they are working on who I’m sure wouldn’t mind seeing the lights sooner.