New upgrade designs for Wurkkos TS25. Which one would you prefer?

Indeed!
A bonus is press and hold for on limits accidental activation… I have never wanted or needed lockout on a Fenix. I require it on all other UIs.

My E03R is my most used light, and the UI that was muscle memory for me for a Long time, I have had to think about it to NOT press and hold for on/off on other lights. The Fenix UI has always been way more intuitive for me, and what I would prefer All manufacturers to use.

If you want to be REALLY confused, get a Rovyvon, or Wuben… Then combine press and hold on, with click off, and depending on model, its press and hold OR click for mode advance. Who ever thought of that mix needs their head examined… WIth a baseball bat. :wink:

1 Thank

I’m sorry if complicating something intended to be Simple being unwanted is weird to you.

The whole point to my original question to Wurrkos was if I could eventually get this light with the NON customisable interface. What the rest of you are proposing is fine, but its a half step to what I mean; an interface with NO menus or configurations, like the “S” affixed simple models they have already done.

By all means, simplify production, they could use the same exact hardware, architecture etc, flashing pads and all for those so inclined. It could even be a branch of A2… But if it has a single menu of any kind that someone could ever, no matter how against the odds, accidentally screw up, then its a wasted effort for a Simple easy UI.

I won’t even ask for the other thing I’d want in a simple interface, because the whole world is so enamored with the “feature” , it’ll never happen. (I HATE strobe of any kind.)

Which was already answered as a yes here. The rest of the conversation is how to make the future better for as many as possible.

The whole point of open source software like anduril is supporting use cases, so I would say to ask for it and see if there is support or if it can be updated or forked in that way.

That’s an interesting stance. So the majority of devices out in the word that consumers use that have any sort of advanced hidden menu also fail to meet your wishes?

It’s weird because it’s both your comment was incredibly disrespectful to those who are donating their expertise. It’s doubly so because the amount of software’s “overengineering” is completely transparent to users, as only the user interface, latency, and bugs are visible.

And thirdly so because ironically this “excessively overengineered software” enable what you want, e.g. hiding all menus behind something like 100+clicks or anything else, where the chances of someone getting there is statistically improbable, e.g. the same likelihood that you would be struck by lightning this very instant or that a black hole would appear at your feet and destroy the world.

I agree that the simple UI is great for its intended purpose.

However I wish there were a (configurable) ‘tactical’ UI. I love andruil, but as it is today it is unsuitable for ‘duty/tactical’ lights. As andruil has so much to offer though (regulation, configurability, UI consistency, …), I think its a shame that there are no proper ‘tactical’ andruil lights.

I suggest to consider having Simple/Duty/Advanced modes.

How exactly this would look could be debated, but a 3 mode/ramping + moon + turbo + strobe and maybe battery check would be perfect. And ideally support for dual switch setups. So the same light can be offered with a magnetic tailcap or a clicky tailcap, and no need for e-switch in the back.

It would be ideal, it is the same mode that the SC33 has, it is the same functions that you mention.

1 Thank

While maybe not exactly what you are looking for, there does exist a configurable tactical mode now. It’s based entirely around momentary activations. I’m sure you thoughts on making it more useful would be welcome here. Also, this might match your needs

It was really designed around one button usage. Now if it was built to with that flexibility already that might’ve been overengineered.

Which is great to see will happen. But I continue in the rest of the conversation because if Wurrkos decided to go the route being discussed, a fully non customizable interface like they have already been using on the secondary light models might never be seen on their lights again, and I think that would be a shame to lose.

Thus my continued try to explain a need for Non customizable software in some cases.

You are applying my preferences and request in this specific use case to Everything…
Not liking ketchup on your hotdog while wearing a white t=shirt because something drastic can happen, and knowing others might prefer that at times, doesn’t mean you dont Ever use it anywhere.

The 4 lights I use daily are A2, and indeed customisations of A2, in my own setup, fully exploiting the options and openess of the software.

I meant nothing disrespectful of the contributions, and the software, I simply meant for the type of simplicity that some are asking for, that software implementation might not be the easiets or most applicable route; If the functions aren’t there to begin with where they aren’t needed, then there is no need to add a menu or any fancy hiding to not see or access them. I was simply trying to express a easier concept for simplification; not being complicated to begin with.

again, I’m sorry to have bothered you, definentally wanst what I wanted to do here!

2 Thanks

I was hesitant to respond, as I don’t own any Wurkkos lights and I’m not particularly a fan of the button style or placement found on most budget lights.

The Wurkkos WK40, however is appealing to me due to the button style/placement, and the dual channel with switching/combination. The light head style for cycling the intensity should be in the tail switch imo, along with the color selection and combination, and the channel switching for color output in the head as maybe just two options. (channel 1 and 2)

Maybe even include the option for one or two of the secondary LEDs to use a deeper setting in the head with a deep reflector for more throw.

Great light, but those are some changes that I would make. Hopefully a new model is released that addresses those points.

1 Thank

It’s just common courtesy to think before you speak or write and consider how it will come across. And don’t apologize to me, I have never contributed to this software.

I explicitly said devices. So I was drawing parallels to common devices like microwaves that have hidden settings like lockout. Sure, it’s a multi-button device, but definitely somewhat relevant to the conversation- it’s a bit disingenuous to relate such a comparison to ketchup on hotdogs while wearing a white t-shirt, unless I’m misunderstanding something.

Many devices that I am sure you have used have hidden settings that are indeed statistically improbably to accidentally enter. The 10H as mentioned is not there, but I would expect if one of these other UI modes were added, a more robust one would be that would indeed be statistically improbable, e.g. holding the button while screwing the tailcap in or more.

Good advice!

More importantly, why is no one asking the important questions about Terry’s reddit post:

Today I just get the TS26 new design from Wurkkos factory, would you interested in a “Wurkkos brand ice cream🤔”?

Clearly this is hinting at a new form of dairy-based cooling technology never before seen in a flashlight!

1 Thank

@PetToilet Nevermind. I think you and I are on cross purposes between two concepts, but at any rate it is obvious we are Not communicating. I’m going to, as the saying goes, agree to disagree. Hope you have a nice holliday(assuming you live somewhere that celebrates a holiday right now), and hopefully someday we can both get the flashlight we want. :sunglasses:

The real question is, would that be chocolate, vanilla or strawberry cooling?

I’ve been nothing but cordial to you, I really don’t understand why you would get so heated over a discussion. Using expletives like this is completely uncalled for. I sincerely hope you deleting these comments and then wishing me a nice holiday puts you on a better path. I’ll still submit this comment because I hope it gets through to you. I’ll refrain from quoting your words that, by the way, did get sent to my email.

And I do have a right to comment and call you disrespectful, even if it is not me or my work you are disrespecting. I don’t really understand how you could even take an alternative position on that: if you disrespect a friend or even a kind stranger next to me, I absolutely have the right to call you out.

And even though I have not contributed to this particular project, I have thought about contributing. I am quite sure other potential contributors like me would be turned off of contributing to such a community if this is how they would be treated. I work with many people in software, including embedded software, that don’t get the respect they deserve. And honestly, as I mentioned before, it’s common courtesy.

It was a heated reply because I can be very short tempered when at every explanation, I am accused of something, which is how you have come across, far from what I consider cordial. But yes, again I do apologize, yes totally uncalled for, I had hoped I had managed to delete such a terrible thing before it was seen. I hope you can forgive it.

If you are able to directly contribute to this project I hope you do, it really is a blessing anyone that is willing to share. I’ve greatly enjoyed being able to give something back where I’ve helped a tiny little bit.

As I said, as to what I originally said that set you off, and the theories on flashlight interface, (and concepts of morality of speaking for someone else), I won’t bother again to try to explain what I did and did not say. We are not on the same page so to speak. I think we are comparing apples to oranges, but I have no idea how to get us in the same fruit basket, and its best to just leave it be.

2 Thanks

Good idea. Add to my new model plan.

I guess the probability will continue to use the previous short tube.

1 Thank

Absolutely! And the standard version would be available first.
The Anduril version also requires a certain time to adjust perfectly and release.

5 Thanks

Hello. I was just wondering if there is any uptade to this. The new designs looks amazing, and I want one, hehe.

5 Thanks

Thanks for your support my man. The new model TS26S would be available on end March. The TS26 is not sure.

2 Thanks

Thanks for this info.

A couple of questions:

• Will the S version have the same hardware as a later Anduril version?

• If yes, will the S version have flashing pads so that the community could port Anduril to the light even if Wurkkos deprioritize or even cancel the development of the Anduril version?

1 Thank

Yep, same driver. But others different.

3 Thanks