New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open.

I’m for sure ordering asap when I get the code but if there were to be a second no-ano run, since they’d know going in if they could get the finish quality a little better I’d be in for more too!

I know there’s no official announcement on a second run or anything but since it’s been brought up just thought I’d add my 2¢ (and express interest).

Yes sir. I knew I had little chance for one. I’m a late arrived to the forum. Thanks!

Its no problem. If you want to be on the backup list i can put you on. But i can not garantee you a light. If not all on the list buy you have a chance on a SST-40 light. But you have to wait a bit more. I want to give the people on the backup list a chance to get the light first. They waited for weeks. If one light is still left after that you can get it.

AtSKV89
The tube was made slightly bigger to make space for a 20mm driver. We did not need the extra space for this driver (it is also available in 17mm). But we wanted to give modder a chance to build in a Boost driver (because boost drivers are usualy at least 20mm).

Wildtrail is still having lights left from the first run. So for now a second run is not in sight. If the stock runns out we can talk again about No or maybe a clear ano. But thats far out at the moment.

How do these numbers correlate with percentage of output?

For example, how do the numbers in mode six translate to muggle-speak?

Mode Six: 4, ONE7135, 11, ALL7135s, 17, TURBO

I fumbled through the Bistro-HD documentation in this thread but couldn’t find an explanation.

My light hasn’t moved since the 18th, still in China. Has everyone in the USA received their light?

The white flats don’t play nicely with FET drivers, they get overdriven due to their low forward voltage which results in a huge loss of performance and possible damage. In theory it’s possible to manage this using high resistance batteries, but i don’t know how effective this is in actual practice.
Here is the 2mm output graph that Djozz produced showing the output dropping above 8A: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4874/46015321372_cee6f5b38d_o.jpg
It’s taken from the first post in this thread: OSRAM CSLNM1.TG & CULNM1.TG 1mm², CSLPM1.TG & CULPM1.TG 2mm²

The 1+5+FET means that the driver is fitted with 6 x 7135 chips and a FET, and controls 1 of the 7135s independently from the other 5 for low modes, then adds in the other 5 x 7135s as a group for medium to high modes, and can then add in the FET for modes from high to turbo.

ONE7135 means 1 of the 7135 chips is on and letting through 350ma, ALL7135 means all the 7135s are on, and as there are 6 they let through 6x350ma which is 2100ma, or 2.1A. Turbo means the FET is fully on as well so drawing maximum power from the battery which i’d guess is approx 6-8A depending on the battery.

The 4 and the 11 relate to brightness levels 4 and 11 out of however many the driver has been programmed with, but i don’t know how many that is.

But given the sequence - I think 3,4 and 5 would be low, ONE7135 would be medium, 11 would be medium high, ALL7135s would be high and 17 would be extra-high, but i’d wait for someone more knowledgable to map those across properly.

Thanks Marc E.
I was trying to find the original files from flintrock. Somewhere in the files there should be the PWM table. This would help to see what is max PWM level. . . .
But on tinyupload.com the files no longer exsist.
So i still hope someone can help. If we can not get more precise numbers we have to guess it. This would still be better then it is now. I want to make sure that we have a working UI chart when Jacky starts selling the light on Amazon US.

I recieved my no ano today! Gosh. Its just so pretty. I expected to see marks (as described by docc) on my d80v2, but there’s no blemishes to be found on mine!! Thanks again!

https://imgur.com/a/rSGasdW

I received mine today; black. It works okay.

WA state, USA. Mine says departed country of origin on the 18th. Must be on that "slow boat".

Mine cleared customs on 8-20-2019.

I hope it gets here soon.

Mine is in Connecticut as of 2 days ago. So it is close, I am in NY.

Edit: Apparently the tracking on AE is slow to update and the light is at my local PO. I could have went and got it if it would have updated about 16 hours ago. Oh well, I will have it tomorrow!

Still waiting on mine (departed China Aug 8, that’s the last update) but man you guys have got me excited with all these beautiful polishing jobs!

Can someone measure the lens diameter and if you could thickness please?

I’ve done the steps to order as instructed in your PM, just waiting on the price adjustment now.

Thanks Sven for making this happen!

Looks like mine will be here tomorrow :smiley:

Mine is in San Francisco, so might get by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mine too. Got to my Post Office at 4am today. Should be out for del Monday

I’m going to have to get mine somehow. I have it being delivered to my work and I am off tomorrow to watch my son.

No but i will lol Ive already had the light apart a few times and that’s how they get broken lol

38mm in diameter
2mm thick

Just got mine in. Everything except the battery tube is great. The knurling is pretty sloppy or they used a dull tool. I’ll figure something out to kleen it up. Going to Cerakote this light anyway. If I can figure out how to get turbo to work, as it is, it’s no brighter than the original D80 I have.