New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open.

Mine arrived, despite the burs in the knurling I love [almost] everything about it!

Whats bothering me is the lens, it has finger prints and some sort of pattern on the inside of it! Also some specks of dust on the reflector.

The finger prints in the inside of the lens I can probably clean, the patters seems odd though, like maybe it’s a coating defect or something, it’s perfectly parallel. I’ve learned my lesson on trying to get dirt off reflectors so I probably won’t try doing anything about that…
Anyone else have these issues on either the black or non-ano versions?

First is the D80 on, second is off & illuminated by another light. Definitely all on the inside, I cleaned the outside of the glass several times.

Other than the above issues it does seem to function flawless, no flicker on any strange behavior.

Edit: not finger prints. Seems to be a coating defect for sure, the round spots I thought were finger prints appear to be where droplets of some chemical caused the coating to be wonky (technical term) and are the same as the lines, just different shape. It doesn’t clean off with distilled water, alcohol or windex (cleaned both sides of glass).

Good news is I was surprisingly able to blow the dust out of the reflector!

Now you can have your meat flame grilled by the D80 hahaha.

On a serious note it could be a sticker put on for protection and they forgot to take it of?

What is the AR coating process anyway? Some sort of liquid submersion or a PVD or what?

At Dale,
The .hex file was provided by Lexel. I do not have the files. I wil ask Jacky if he can send me the files if he still has them.
At TrueRMS
This looks indeed not so nice. Is it only the lens? And you can not clean it? If so i will ask Jacky if he can send you a new lens.

At least the firmware links from Flintrock’s thread go to removed items, so that route is dead.

Just a quick note about the firmware… It’s not mine. I don’t have answers about it. The manual for Bistro is not the correct documentation for the D80v2.

The D80v2 uses code called Bistro OTSM, which is Lexel’s version of Bistro HD, which is Flintrock’s nearly complete rewrite of Bistro. It seems to mostly copy the UI for Bistro, but there are some differences. And the exact code details aren’t really known since Lexel hasn’t provided the D80v2 source code yet.

Flintrock left BLF a while ago, but I have Flintrock’s published version of Bistro HD in my firmware repository and I don’t think Lexel changed it much. So one of its build targets should be pretty similar to what’s on the D80v2. But it appears that Lexel is currently in violation of the license and I’m hoping he’ll resolve that soon by providing source code and answers.

For now, I’d suggest that people read Flintrock’s thread for details about how to use the light.

I knew that about the Bistro OTSM and yet when I put a cell in mine I immediately used the normal Bistro interface and engaged the configuration mode to step 5, changed mode levels to 6 with moon on by default for a total of 7 mode levels, just like with any other Bistro I have. When I got the flicker, I changed it to 4 modes with moon for a total of 5 and it still does the same thing. The second light works fine, same function. Reversing seems to be a very long press and hold, not the quicker style I’m used to.

The only thing I see different is the number of blinkies when backed into the hidden group modes. That’s with both my lights. FWIW, I have measured the tail current on both lights using the same Sanyo GA cell and this first one only shows like 5.19A and it moves around, up and down. The second one shows 6.5A and is pretty stable. Even after changing the MOSFET to an Vishay-Dale SIR800 the current still only shows in the 5.19A range and has the odd behavior.

I guess today I’ll try to reflash with the original Bistro (yes, I know, it’s only 2 channel) and see how the light handles it, in the end I’ll most likely build a standard Bistro driver on Wights Rev 13 board and move on as far as this first light goes. I plan to leave the second light stock.

I’m trying to change my mode selection, but to me it only seems to constantly blink. I don’t see any pauses. I have so far ended up with 8 levels, which is more than I want, and I have hit a mode that is low, 4 or so different strobes, and high.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out. You just hit it on the blink you want.

EDIT 2: When I enable moon mode I lose the 0 mode in my mode group and 0 is dimmer than moon. Is that right?

Could be, some people like a Firefly mode that is barely visible, which would be lower than moon.

I think TK used to always set moon a little high so it would be stable when the cell is low. :wink:

Got it. I will leave moon off then since I lose 0 completely with it on. 5 seems about equivalent to moon anyway.

No I can not clean it, I tried very aggressively. That would be great if he’ll send a replacement!

I did find one bad thing about my light. The great tint on this SST40 makes me realize how green the SST40 in my L21A is.

Your L21A tint is almost undoubtedly the glass’s fault. Until now all SST-40’s I ever saw were on the blue-white side given a good glass lens on top of it.

I’ve got my first one working good now, essentially rebuilt it ground up. New driver, re-flowed the emitter, and still if I use the 12ga lead pressed against the body during amperage testing it can flicker, so it has something to do with the emitter on the star, nothing else affected it in this light. At any rate, D80 #1 is now working fine and D80 #2 is still the shelf queen. :wink:

I have to agree the software is a bit funky. It doesn’t like changing modes and gets stuck on random modes and defaults back to random modes. Right now mine is stuck on Turbo only mode.

Interesting. I’m glad I mentioned it. I will look for different glass. What about the glass would cause that? (Sorry for the OT)

At TrueRMS
Please contact Jacky. He will send you a new lens for your light.

At Dale
Please let me know if you can fix the problem or if you need anything.

At candor
any news about your problem?

No news yet. Still chatting with Dale. I’ll keep you posted. Thank you for keeping up with all this.

No problem at all!
And good news about the SST-70. One single bare led will be send to Jos in the next days. We tried to get 2 samples but they are extremly hard to get.
Hopefully the led will perform good. It will be a 6000-6500K 70CRI version 5050 size. Untill release they want to have the 5700K ready.
The 5000K version will most likely be available later.

Fixed it!

It pulls 13.75A at the tail from a Molicel P26A at 4.13V and makes 3030 lumens.

Ok, so I bypassed springs and fried the SST-40. :stuck_out_tongue: (It now has a sliced and diced 3V 50.2)

3030 lumens from SST-40?!! Wow