New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open.

Where will this flashlight be available? What is the approximate price point?

LuckySun has a aliexpress store, it may become available there but atm it is not listed yet.

Sorry for the late reply but I was waiting for some more info.
The led delivery was delayed. The led is so popular in China and every sales agent has back orders so luminous is having problems to hold the promised dates. The led will take another ~3 weeks.
Until then the drivers are ready (all parts are finally in). And they still test the new reflector.
The last samples were not what they expected. So new ones are ordered.
When the light is ready I will post it here on the first page.
They will sell the light in their Aliexpress store (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/4498067?spm=0.8937474.0.0.22f92e0eSdgHA6).

Progress has been fast so far. Better to wait a little longer and make sure it is right. We appreciate it.

Ya not a big deal, it’s been a pretty fast process so far.

The new D80 will have to compete with many other quality and affordable flashlights, much more so than 5 years (?) ago when the first BLF version came out. So it better be good than fast or it will not sell.

I really would feel better if we could get samples out to make sure no design flaw is missed. But that is something I was not able to achieve. I were able to work some things out that I were not expecting when we started. But a sample is not on the list this time. But I am glad to here that they are not going with the first or second tested reflector. It seems that I got through to them. There are two ways to sell a light. Make it cheap enough and you can sell it. But LS was never a producer of cheap machines parts so this way would not work out for them, or build something with real good quality. Even overbuilding it a bit if it only cost you a tiny bit extra. And it seems they understand that quality is the best way to sell a light and now want to make it right.
A lot of this medigating between BLF and the factory’s engeniers was done by Jacky (a huge thanks to him). He works 2 jobs and at LS he is only helping with their own Brands. So he is having not much time but is doing a really good job. And his English is getting better and better (also his knowledge about flashlight tech). When we started he had a lot of knowledge about the selling part of the business but not about the new tech we use today. But that changed fast. Skypeing a lot and answering questions was a huge part of the process and both sides learned a lot during this time (and still learning). This all is helping a lot if you try to explain something to an engenier that can not understand a single word in english. This lets me think that we can avoide some of the hickups we had with the new d80 in the next projects. Did not want to bother you guys with this long text. But I had to give LS and especially Jacky a big thumbs up for their will to work with us and build something that should work really nice!
Also a big thanks to everyone involved for their time and effort!

Yeah. Jacky has been extremely helpful.

He is extremely knowledgeable, and competent.

If we would have to work with him again, we would. :slight_smile:

We appreciate the behind the scenes info. Thanks.

No Ano XPL Hi please x 2

It’s too late to reserve the no ano, but there may be some available when the light is released for sale, as I understand it.

@lumens007
I asked Jacky to put a few more no ano lights away for people that were to late for the list. But i can not say for sure how many they have. But you are not the first who asked. I have a list with interested people and when lights are not spoken for i will contact them. But like i said i can give no garantees if enough no ano lights are free.

Are matte black lights still available, if so I would like one.

More like: not yet available.
Follow this thread to know when the lights are for sale, the black ano version is the standard version, no need to sign up for that.

Hi guys. I wanted to give a small update.
The SST-40 leds arrived. We got the N4 flux bin not the N5 i had hoped for. But we got the DD Chromatic bin (right on the BBL).

And i got some pics from the lights (still without the bezel).

And a few more infos. After testing the Current (with the production driver and using the produktion springs) we had to do something about it. Because we were way above 8A.
And even with 24AWG wire the current was still arround 8A. So LS made the decision to not do the driver spring bypass (more work because of the through hole driver design).
Now we are at 7,1-7,2A with a fully charged 30Q Battery.
The XPL-Hi will be delivered with driver spring bypass.
Have not heard about the reflector but i heard that we are now very close to selling the light. They expect 10-20 days untill sale starts.
As far as i know BLF/TLF price will be 27,70$. Normal Price 34,70$.

Overall, sounds pretty good!

Thanks for the update, TheOnlyDocc.

Thanks for the update.

The DD bin is good, slightly warmer even than the DA bin that Simon is selling now. I expect the tint in the hotspot to be 4800K and slightly above the BBL (because that is what a reflector does) but overal very pleasant.

For $27.70 I probably take 2 :slight_smile:

Yeah i saw that Simon is selling the N5 flux bin SST-40 now. But with the DA chromatic bin. It is not a huge difference. But DA bin is above the BBL and should be a bit more greenish than the DD bin LS got.
I am happy with the LED we are using and now hope to hear good news about the reflector. This is the part i really hope lives up to its predecessor.
I made it very clear that we want a better quality reflector with standart led hole size but still with the same or even tighter beam.
But news about it are rare. I am trying to get beam pics in the next few days.

Handsome flashlight, thanks for the update

Really looking forward to this one, thank you for all the work you put into it!