New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open.

Maybe wrap some sandpaper around a credit card and run it long ways?

Should have mine soon.

!!

When i polished mine with the dremel and aluminum polish it took away the sharp edges. The polish is slightly abrasive and with a higher speed of polishing is enough to smooth out the imperfections.

Just a heads up.
The clear light has no coating on it so it will oxidize and dull over time. It can be reploshed again if wanted.

Could I have one of the no ano XPL HI’s if there are any left please?

At TMaxxJJ
I can put ypu on the Backup list. I will wait a few days and if not all from the list are buying you sure can get one. But you have to wait a few days.
Here is a link for the list. There you can see how many lights are left. New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open. - #876 by TheOnlyDocc

Brilliant thank you! And if there are no XP-L HI’s available, I don’t mind a no ano SST-40 :slight_smile:

Ok.
One question on all guys that have a bit experience with drivers. We would like to write a new Chart for Jacky so he can update the Website with a chart that fits the driver.
Can someone help to translate the 5,10, one 7135, all 7135. . . to muggle language Moon, Low,Mid Hi.Or something like 5, 15 50% 100% Turbo. . . .

FWIW, I have 7 lights made from scratch, no ano, they haven’t dulled in the 4 years since I made the first one.

Any anodized light will also take on a patina of scars over time, small nicks and scratches will show bare aluminum through the ano which is far more difficult to address than a simple repolish of a bare aluminum light.

Besides, you’ll get fanatical about maintaining the shine and show your light the love it deserves. :smiley:

Mine are in Houston, should be here soon…

Jos, didn’t they humble themselves enough on that fancy Star?

Cree XP-L HI is mis-spelled. (Not to mention it isn’t even an XP footprint, much less the Luminus SST-40 sitting there blatantly defining the text!)

I orderd new polishing paste yesterday. The one i used in the past was ordered from china but i could not get further information about it. (is it really good for Aluminium or better for SS. . . . )
And because you wil most likely get fake Dialux paste from Ebay/AE i orderd it from a German shop for jewelers. This should help with getting it nice and shiny.

Yes, that was one of the fun things, amongst that the led on mine is not Cree.

So they anticipated me slicing and dicing the 40, thus creating a PHat Luminus HI. :smiley:

Aaaand the light is not pristine anymore. I downgraded the output by 35% by swapping the led for my last remaining dogfart led, sliced (on a 20mm Noctigon, and using the 3535 centerpiece that so nicely came with the flashlight, sanded a lot thinner to focus the domeless led) The output at 30 seconds is now 1100 lumen instead of 1690 lumen, the hotspot has remained just as nice, there is negligable tintshift over the entire beam, and I gained the folling tint in the hotspot:

current setting CRI R9 CCT duv
moon4 93.7 59 3860 -0.0003
1x7135 93.7 59 3965 -0.0005
6x7136 91.9 52 4160 +0.0006
full FET 90.4 44 4450 -0.0014

Edit: without tail I measure almost 8A on full FET, which is too much, maybe 6A with tail in place. I will have to undo the driver spring bypass that I just applied. Edit II: after bypass removal the current without tail went down to 6.7A, so hopefully 5-ish with tail which would be perfect. Output is the same.

I have to wait for the evening to measure what happened to the throw. EditIII: throw went down too, 56 kcd now, that is 16% less than stock, not too noticable. So the hotspot is slightly smaller now than stock. The chance of me using the light has improved immensely, this is a truly nice tint, with IMO limited output loss for what I got.

What kind of output will the flat white 2mm² give in this light. Thinking about that one or xhp50.2 3v.

I’ll take my no ano in sst 40 flavor. Will be ordering later today! Thanks!

Why was tbe tube made bigger again?

I would love to be able to pickup a no ano SST version. I have put in an order, just in case one is still available. Thank you!

At NEIL944.
If you want a chance of a no ano light you should ask like the others did. Jacky will not send you a No Ano light if you are not on the list.

How many runs of these lights are they making? It might be of interest for them to make some more non ano if they do a second run.