Newbie after advice...on next torch purchase..

Bought one of these like the look of it :wink:
EDC 18650 XP-G2 R5 / XM-L U2 850/450lm Flashlight

Wow! You really have embodied the BLF spirit of buy 'em all. :D

but apparently he’s beginning to see the light. :cowboy_hat_face:

Do you think? He seems different, but does act the same. Or am I seeing this a reference to something it isn't?

budget-minded but still opinionated and with good reasoning behind it.

So was this a reference to ISTL? You have me really confused...

is that apparently he’s taking some expert’s advice here and is actually buying items like the Intellicharge i4. That’s all. Btw, what does ISTL mean? LOL……. I could scroll and figure it out I guess eventually. Whatta thread. :weary:

Ok, so I thought you were being witty. ISTL=iseethelight, he was a former member who left after causing a bunch of trouble. You probably wouldn't be able to find much about it because his posts were deleted due to vulgarity.

I’m glad he got the Trustfire Mini! what a beast it is.

I think you’re going to like this one regardless of which options you picked. Very similar to the 2100 in size and probably the upgrade you wanted from the A3-R5. I’d like to try it in the XPG2, since I have the 2100 with XML.

I picked the most expensive version presuming it would be better for not much more :wink:

Well, better is somewhat subjective to a specific use. It should be brighter and floodier anyway . . may or may not have as much throw with such a small reflector - and that may or may not be important for one’s own edc usage.

Next, color choice is also subjective . . IMO grey is better. :slight_smile:

Same issue with the flashy modes, but it seems most would opt to skip them.

Oh yea I picked Grey couldn’t live with a gold torch lol … although I prefere a black or a dark colour torch :slight_smile: wonder how long delivery will take didn’t check.

You can come to www.focalprice.com to see if there is anything you are interested in?

Delivery, three to four weeks for us Brits, you will like that light. It’s 18650 cells so I hope you have some of them on the way. It’s also orange peel (op) reflector, floody rather than throwy, but you’d want a :wink: larger diameter for that anyway.

Ah well at least it will be more of a surprise when it comes :slight_smile:
Thanks for all the help BFL members, will let you know how I get along and will update on how good the stuff I’ve bought when it comes :slight_smile:

Instead of buying all of that lot i would of just got a couple of premium lights instead, maybe one triple xm-l and a smaller compact light.

Anyone seen or own this torch looks rather nice. ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330710945431?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Sure. A bit outdated, but still a nice light… Review here: Review: Trustfire F25

Small, bright and looks good. A bit on the heavy side and has blinky modes though.

That eBay link is way overpriced, check DX or Manafont…

I’ve been admiring this for a while, the xp-g2 is offering a new lease of life to many older hosts that have become forgotten in the xm-l deluge.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-t2-xpg-r5-350lumen-5mode-led-flashlight-118650-p-6462