Newest 7 Leds BORUiT Z001 review

After the first two pictures I thought you had shaky hands..^^

Any measurements on the current?

seems pretty decent to me, except maybe modes

what’s your opinion on shutting off LEDs for modes? do the ones that stay on retain the same brightness?

Wow why is the reflector so deep? The LEDs don’t appear to be so.

I’m still not a fan of those modes. You planning on changing the driver or found anything yet?

yes, please do some outdoor shots. vs skyray king …thanks

tested the battery carrier before… it was 12V it ran in series

Look what arrived in its little holster!

Actually, it didn’t come with the holster. But I had one that the light fits into pretty well!

Sorry for the pic quality. Its a cellphone camera and I’m still playing with the settings-

I’d say the light visually is comparable to my SRK, with a less bright hot spot. But equivalent flood both in size and brightness. Don’t ask for measurements - I’m not the guy for that. The finish is OK, but not the best. Very slight wear marks at the edges. But it has a nice grip to it - I like the look and feel of it. The size and weight are just right. It did not take my Nitecore 2600s; I had to use my AW IMR 2000s. I haven’t checked if my other cells work or not.

It doesn’t feel cheap; just not quite the quality of a SWM, etc. And it has no memory. Overall, for seventy bucks, it’s a good light but a bit overpriced. In the era of fasttech prices, maybe 50.00 would be a fair.

Next to my blk SRK:

darn, what a waste. i really liked the look of this light and size of it. but if its just on par with the king, imma pass on this.

thanks for the review guys!

the light output is kind of disappointing, when you compare it to another 7 LEDs such as Trustfire TR-J18
BUT… this light has a nice deep pill… enough room for driver mod :smiley:

I like this light’s design but the price is too high for a driver upgrade.Is the battery tube funny shaped like the carrier or is it round?

Thanks for the review daylighter.

Can you measure how many amps it pulls at the tail? (current). Would be great as it will give us an idea how bright it actually is with the stock driver.

it’s round… the body is a light thin walled aluminum, everything else is concentrated on the head.
must agree with you regarding the price… it should be around $50 the driver replacement will cost another $20
http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S020419

Yeah,but since you already dropped cash on it,might be a good idea to get the KD driver.Thanks for your opinions guys!

Yep, sounds like it’s certainly based off the Ultrafire UF-T70. The body on it is very nice, but once I dismantled it, I realized all the mass is concentrated in the huge super well built pill, which is great. This one really needs the KD driver to be a contender for sure. Still, a very nice light, but slightly to much money for the output. Thanks for posting.

um… sorry, but i don’t know how to test the tail on the light with battery carrier.

The Chinese never ceases to amaze me. So much work often goes into releasing a new product, and then it falls short because they failed to research their competition and the demands of the customer. This light could easily have been a hit if driven a bit harder.

Good luck with your driver swap and thanks for posting.

Daylighter, just fill the battery carrier, insert it into the light, then touch one probe on each side of the switch, which would be the metal solder straps and you’ll get amps.

any beamshots available?:slight_smile:

it’s been mod’ed by the master himself Old-lumens… check his build right here and check out the awesome beam shot pics :smiley:

i like this flashlite…any suggestions for any other similar kind of this torch?i like this fat ones…but not king anymore…whats can you reccomend?

how about this one? :slight_smile: