Newest Convoy additions

Got these this week. The TI is gorgeous, significantly heavier than the aluminum. The CU is also nice and is probably as heavy as three TI’s together. Don’t really care about the MAO but this is my first MAO and probably last. Looks cool but that’s about it.
Would highly recommend TI and CU for the Convoy fans.

2 Thanks

I thought TI lights were usually lighter than their Alu counterparts? That’s interesting the TI is significantly heavier…

On average, Titanium is about two-thirds heavier than Aluminum.

Normally you’d need a lot less of it because it’s much stronger than aluminum.

that depends; titanium threads, including nuts and bolts, aren’t as strong for example

The Ti S2+ also comes with a copper pill, which will increase the weight over the aluminum with a brass pill.

It’s still strange to me that the copper still has the LITNIT badging. I would’ve thought after Simon made the copper S2+s available again, he would’ve switched back to the normal Convoy badging.

2 Thanks

What is LITNIT , a subcontractor ?

Supposedly European OEM branding. @Simon_Mao Any explanation on the Litnit brand?

The “Convoy” trademark failed to be registered in Europe and the United States. “LITNIT” is another trademark of mine, which has been successfully registered in Europe and the United States. This trademark is used for Amazon product uploads.

5 Thanks

i have a MAO2 light - i feel like it probably is slightly less good as a heat sink…?