Nextorch TA31 Review: Most POWERFUL Tactical Flashlight?

1 Thank

Cant say I really like it.

1 Thank

I like it, side by side cells getting the girth down some.

Prefer the normal tube design?

Longer runtimes… Though I also see the potential of the 26800, it’s difficult to find those cells

I dont like the idea of having to throw my flashlight in the garbage when the non removable battery dies, and it most certainly will.

It list 2-4800mah cells, that beats the 26800. I’m a huge fan of the 26800 in single cell lights. This configuration does the job with some extra width but not the girth. They seem to grip better than triple cell soda cans. Last year was the Amutorch XT70. The year before Lumintop Rattlesnake. Several others over time. I like the format as long as the head diameter doesn’t exceed the width. The extra cell doubling runtime and possible output.

Might not be the case. The Lumintop Rattlesnake claims built in, however two screws later cells can be changed.

That would be good.

I wonder if it can be torn down. The head can be unscrewed to physically disconnect the battery pack. I’m not sure if the tube has parasitic drain with the head disconnected…

The TA31 looks more powerful than the TA30C. I got to play with one at the Canton Fair today.

That said, the WL21 seems more blinding when it’s being flashed in my face.

Theres two torx screws under the head, on the knurling of the light. I figure if I unscrewed them, I could detach the head and access the battery tube. They had to get the batteries in there somehow right.

1 Thank

Does the light lock out when the head is screwed up into the charging mod?

I’m testing this one now. So far I like it, amd especially the thin profile. It helps with grip and makes the body narrower/shorter. The UI is really simple. The only thing I don’t like is the proximity sensor can’t be disabled.

Non removable batteries isn’t the end of the world. Nextorch uses good batteries with full protection. It’s super common for these type of lights. It’s warrantied for 5 years/lifetime and designed for professional use so barring sny production defects or premature failure, it will be good for the long haul. This isn’t a Hank light, Convoy, or Wurkkos or Astrolux.

1 Thank

Hey, yeah it stops unscrewing at a point

So the question was does the light turn off. I don’t know if the tail switch is electric. So head turning to turn off should stop parasitic drain. I long term store lights this way.

Oh right, yeah so the head needs to be completely screwed in, otherwise the tail switch doesn’t work/light does not turn on. Tailswitch seems the same as other Nextorch models, no parasitic drain as it’s mechanical.

2 Thanks