Nichia 219C D320 - BLF Special Deal V2 - MTN Electronics

As a kid, I remember seeing this kind of technique on a local workshop being utilized for quick polyestirene foam cutting/shaping.
Has anyone tried this for de-doming leds?

Cheers :partying_face:

Is that the same one you recommended previously? If so, I searched and searched - could not find any seller, anywhere, any part of the world.

the LEDs arrived today - THANKS Lisa and Richard

I have a question for you .
Does the upgrade worth from 30YLD to the 404DP?
I build only a few fet/fet+1 drivers , and i wanted to know which is the main differences of these fets in use on the drivers. Better ampers?

Nope its the newest one from that fast switching family: arround a dollar per pc,a bit spendier yet even lower resistanceā€¦its Turn-off Delay Time is a bit high, 100ns but i havent met a stobe problems so farā€¦.its not that i use or test stobe much though

Its hella wierd TOm,this should be a US company, how cant you find those in there its a mistery to me

P.S

I ordered 20 pcs of those just to have and evaluation, that bin wont be awailable any time soo so guys dont hesitate
And some U4 1A ofc, those i have never tested!

OK, but same manufacturer, so I never find one single retail source to buy anything from that manufacturer, unless things changed in the last few months.

Actually from what I can tell it's a Taiwan company (http://www.a-power.com.tw/index.aspx?lang=eng&fn=company_info), and lists nothing in "Where to Buy" for North America. Europe and Asia are the only supported regions.

Well, so far its the best emitter that suits perfectly in the tripple x6, the beam profile is great( 30m spot at 60m), the tint is gorgeous
14/16 amps from a fresh 30q/VTC5A battery, above 3600 OFT lumensā€¦16 amps are kinda scary though :smiley:

I agree, beautiful wall of light in an X6 triple.

What optics do you prefer ?
Cute-3-S/SS/M ?

These 219c emitters sure put out a lot of light, and their low Vf allows a lot of amps with a single cell. Those of you who have made a triple 219c and a triple XPL in the same host (or even single emitters in the same host), and measured the output, how have they compared? Does the low Vf of the 219c beat out the high efficiency of the XPL?

I've gotten 4,000 lumens out of a triple XPL V6 in an X6, matching a quad in a X6. But 3,600 is darn close. Not sure bout the amps though, probably a little lower with the XPL's, so efficiency wise, I'd think th XPL would beat it. The tint would definitiely go to the Nichia though.

At first i didnt believed he readings form my home made sphere so i had to measure the lumen output with a spectrometer from my job
Another good thing is that due to the low Uf even at 3.6 battery the tail amps were still 11.5
Great emitter realy
The torch body runs hotter than X6 tripple V6- after 2mins the head temp was 68 degrees C :slight_smile:

Yet the beam profile is tight and exacly my taste for all arround EDC style flashlight, V6 spills too much for my taste

Using FEt +1 driver the tail amp reading with those emitters are quite balanced: 1ma, 15, 140, 530, 2.1amps, 5.4 and turbo