Nichia 519A

@id30209, do you know any distributors selling Nichia LEDs?

I’d like to do a 1000x 4500k Nichia 519A GB, but unlike Cree and Luminus, I can’t find anything.

I’m pretty sure Convoy and Emisar order direct from Nichia. Clemence as well, his prices are pretty good (was 1.64$, will be a bit less for the next group shipping). It’s just that the shipping is high (especially for EU) hence the group shipping.

Oh, that might explain why then.
Well, guess I’ll stick with maybe another SST-20 GB, but this time, brightness and tint bins are quite a bit better.

One thing I want to do is actually finding a good MCPCB supplier who can make a low thermal resistance B35A, similar to the one in Emisar’s lights.

Again, Clemence...He managed to get 4.5A with low temp solder. He's MCPCB's are great.

@id30209, it’s not because of the low temp solder lmao.

It’s because of the much lower thermal resistance of its PCB compared to the other non DTP MCPCBs found on the market.

Anyway, I still want to find a source so more manufacturers can use them outside of Emisar and Clemence’s MCPCBs.

Yeah i thought that also but Clemence explained it's more low temp solder than you think...

Oh. I see.

Opple guesstimates:

519A (m353) in M11R: 3464K, Ra 97.2, duv = - 0.0009

219B in Klarus Mi1c (OPR version): 3482K, Ra 95.9, duv = + 0.0001

Both 3500K LEDs are extremly nice.

Nice results, do these lights utilize AR glasses? If so, do you know what kind?

When holding AR glasses under direct light, I think if the lense reflects orange light, it increases duv, and if the lense reflects blue light it decreases duv.

Both glasses look purple.

I did spot measurements. The Klarus is interesting since the spill is quite rosy. All in all its light might actually have a lower duv, but it doesn’t matter. Both lights are en par in the beauty contest, in direct comparison the different tints are not easily seen. A little bit of heresy: After having many lights equipped with sw45k, I’m very happy with this less rosy tint :blush: .

I also like 519A from Simon. No need to dedome. I have one flashlight with mixed XP-L Hi’s: 2850*2 and 6500*2. At least in winter it’s too rosy. Snow looks purple.

I have dedomed a 2700K 519A. The CCT has dropped, and the tint is quite rosy.
Here compared to a quad E17A 2000K, each in an S2+ with the same optic, no lens (left 519A, right E17A):

The CCTs are quite close. I don’t have equipment to measure, but I would estimate a few hundred kelvin difference between the two.

More Opple estimates:

C01S/Honeycomb TIR, SST20@4000K: 4001 K, Ra 97.1, duv = 0.0013

Wuben E05 TLF, 519A@4000K (sm403): 3812 K, Ra 97.8, duv = 0.0035

It can be seen by eyes at the white wall that this LED is veeeery little greener than the SST20 in the C01S and also in some other TIR lights.

But: The color rendition (in terms of disciminating colors) is visually similar, still the 519A seems better when shining onto my hand (discrimination of vessels, skin and age spot seems better).

BTW, the 519A beam looks better than the LH351D beam in the Wuben E05. It was a doughnut before.

All in all, I consider the 519A a worthy upgrade to the Wuben.

Convoy store looks to be out of stock. I waited too long deciding what other stuff I wanted to order at the same time. These need to be more widely available.

There is still Eurekatronix and with the group shipping it should end up costing less than Convoy. For the current one sm453 and sm573 are gone but the other CCTs are available.

Anyone uses a wide angle TIR with a single 519A with good results? I tried Convoy’s flat style 60 degree TIR lens, but that resulted in a horrible looking center of the beam.

I got as far as trying to create a Telegram account only to find out that Telegram recently changed their platform to forbid individuals who do not have a smartphone.

It’s really weird - apparently they still have a browser-based interface, will not let you log in to it unless you have previously logged in via a smartphone application. I was only a little frustrated when I thought it was a practical matter of limiting the number of applications they have to support, but it appears to have instead been a deliberate choice to exclude non-smartphone users.

If only there were some sort of global open standard for hardware independent sharing of information over the internet.

I don’t mean this as a gripe against Clemence, as I recognize things are complicated on his side right now, but the reversal of over 20 years of increasing capabilities in unified open standards to revert to fragmented, proprietary applications is startling.

Anyways, if the desire to buy some of the Eurekatronix 519A’s gets strong enough, since I know how particular he is about sourcing good bins, I guess I’ll either go through the hassle of setting up an Android emulator or just pay the crazy shipping cost.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find this group buy on Telegram?

Email Clemence via clemence@eurekatronix.com and he’ll send you a telegram invite link.