Nichia 519A

If ou don’t have a smartphone you can for example ask someone from your family and create and account on their phone, you can then use it on a PC without needing the phone.

Another piss poor decision there we have. :-|

At this pace, what will be the use of a desktop computer or laptop in a near future?

Do you want me to tell you what is going on here? Manipulation, distrust, and incorrect ways to believe. People is being led to believe that using computers which are not tied to some form of identification (phone number or SIM card) is wrong. But it's them who are wrong instead, sorry to say. There's no need to @#$% the life of individuals who are choosing to log in and make use of services “the classic way”, which is by email address.

I mostly use my Android device instead of a desktop or laptop, and I am a rooted user. This is never going to change. Being rooted is absolutely right, I am self-sovereign and it is my divine right to control every aspect in my device or computer, instead of allowing someone or something else to do it for me. No way for such crap. Of course I have to hide my root condition to applications of distrusting parties. But as I say, it's them who are wrong and not we, the empowered users.

The fact that desktop computers are rooted by default or naturally rooted is also something which often causes distrust. And this is wrong. We shape reality the way we believe; they could also believe the other way around and get a lightful and different experience.

When I started messing with PCs just at the dawn of the 90s, the “root” terminology was simply non-existant (MS-DOS, Windows 3.x) for the most part. You could just do whatever you would like with your PC software, period. Darn, I remember messing with very early Linux around '94 in a brand new “no low radiation” (saved a few bucks) :-D curved screen 14" CRT.

I will also say something very clearly, for those who doesn't know: a smartphone actually is a capable computer, often distributed with a @#$% stock ROM software. I am saying this just in case.

Don’t forget “supercookies”, that were essentially to be tied to a single person as a sort of “universal identifier” across all the interweb.

Dunno how far they got with that, but lots of ID is transmitted in each’n’every outgoing request. Lookit the header info about the browser, IP address, etc.

I haven't tried a wide-angle TIR with 519A, but I think wide-angle TIRs in general need to be frosted to produce a good beam. I can't tell if your artifacts resulted from focus problems (try padding/sanding the base of the TIR) or just a design issue with this particular TIR.

Just a heads up for those looking for accessible 519As:

Simon posted this today :partying_face:

Need to do some experimenting with these. Bought a 5 pack purely for trying out new stuff without having to worry about ruining one. Ordered the 45 degree beaded TIR yesterday for the same purpose. Lots of other LED to try these on, so we’ll see what works and what not.

I wonder when Hank is going to start putting 519As in his lights.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hanklights/comments/tswtrk/wangle_to_be_available_in_a_month/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy.

Just turned a Convoy S21D in to a triple 519A 4500K. With the TIR there’s a noticeable yellowish tint shift that I’ve been unable to capture on camera. Since the TIR is 90 degrees, I also compared it to a D4v2 mule (E21A 4500K) and beam shape is similar enough. Plus the D4v2 has a flawless floody beam since there is no optic at all. Long story short, 519A in combination with this TIR is a bad combo and I’ll be re-using the 519As for something else.

Does 519A even look good in Carclo quad optics with those new big domes 519A have?

Yeah, even playing with my S2+es, I found that out. Wide-angle TIRs tend to have artifacts like rings or color aberrations, that narrower TIRs don’t. 60° is about my limit. 90° and 120° tended to be too ringy/uneven for me.

Some diffusion-film smooths out some of those nasties, though.

sounds like normal tint for 519a

I prefer the tint after I remove the domes… its easy, no disassembly required…
I get the light warm, by turning it on briefly… the dome comes off very clean that way. Less yellow in the tint after dedoming (also lower CCT by about 1000k).

Just re-read what I wrote (messy post allround) and I meant the flood is not evenly tinted. The center is whiter, whilst the outer spill is yellowish tinted. All my other 519A lights don’t have this so visible. Think of it as a faint Cree egg, but spread out a lot more. Lol, does that make sense at all? My guess would be that is has to do with the more extreme angle.

In any case I took it apart again. Have some more 519A mods planned, but I’m waiting for Clemens to ship. Want some difference CCTs than 4500K domed/dedomed.

Jon, I like that silver light on the left. What is that?

You might be onto something there :wink: I’ve only recently started playing with TIRs (so not exactly speaking from a vast amount of experience) and so far up to 60 degrees has been fine. Another thing I noticed with 90 degrees, is that it almost equals a mule in practical terms and then the mule wins hands down quality wise.

Jetbeam TCR-1, my grail. Rotary UI, as in Jetbeam RRT-01. They are circa 2012, not in production, highly recommeded if you can seek one out.

They look great with triple 10511 optics if that’s any indication.

Thank you! I’ve seen where people were looking to buy these… Didn’t know how awesome they were…now having looked into them I really like the feature of stepless dimming. Looks like I’m late to this party. The RRT-01 will have to suffice, for now!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JetBeam-RRT01-Rapid-Response-Tactical-Series-950lm-Flashlight-Battery-Included-/224364204358?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&\_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Found this listing on eBay. I’m going to give it a try. If I ever want to try an 18650 I will find the two tubes later down the road.

I guess 10511 being a narrow frosted optic would solve possible beam issues compared to something like 10507, if there would be any issues with 519A in an optic like 10507 (narrow clear).