Nichia 519A

I like it without extensions, and that is a good price.

one other option is to contact Cheule and get him to do a High CRI mod to it… he may even have the light in stock…

===
meanwhile, this happened today:

Sunwayman V10r T6 w XM-L

low 0.01 lumens

max 364 lumens on my meter

519a 3000k in Sunwayman V10r T6

low 0.04 lumens

max 250 lumens

I’m feeling that! Thanks for the encouragement in those pictures. …keep up the good work. That 3000K looks amazing!

thank you for the kind words :beer:

I hope you get to enjoy some warm light too

Any CCT and duv numbers on the 5000k 519A once dedomed?

I don’t have numbers but I really like the 5000k dedomed. It’s very rosy, it’s my favorite dedome so far. I have some 3000k and 3500k I’m going to dedome and try out hopefully this weekend.

no, but these charts may give you some idea

from Andy Zhu:

from thefreeman:

more detailed data

my guesstimate is the dedomed 5000k will become about 4000k with a DUV of about –0.0020

Thanks Jon! Super useful charts!

What would be even better if we can collect a complete set of all CCTs, domed and dedomed :wink:

Thanks to all posting these numbers!

Just put a 519A duo in the Sofirn/Outdoor77 D25L and it’s an improvement, but the beam is not entirely smooth. Couldn’t get it on camera, but you can see it on a white wall. Lighter in the centre, then ever so slightly darker ring and then smooth. Not sure what it depends on, but my guess would be the reason is slightly less floody emitters compared to the LH351Ds (and maybe reflector design). Any ideas why this is?

Every LED is different and will interact differently with reflectors and optics. Especially with reflectors you often need centering rings to help get perfect alignment and height adjustment to make a beam looks the best.

You will notice this especially with throwers -> small emitters in large diameter reflectors for example. For many lights switching to a OP reflector can help a lot with smoothening out the beam too.

agree

a domed 519a produces a better beam in a reflector that uses LH351d, than a dedomed 519a

here is an album of beam photos to help you visualize the differences:

This is what I’m hoping for. 4000k is sweet spot for CCT, and I prefer a tiny bit of rosiness but not a whole lot of rosiness to where tree bark and rocks become pinkish.

I missed when thefreeman posted his data. That is a really helpful set of measurements, and good summary presentation.

I’m really surprised how far the 5700K color temperature drops from a dedome. I wonder if output also sees a particularly big drop, too. I was kind of hoping it would stay closer to 5000K, for one particular light I think could use an LED upgrade.

The 2700K does exactly what I hoped it would when dedoming. This will be a great way to make my LT1 warmer. I think it needs 4500K dome on, and 2700 dedomed in it.

There’s something to be said for a whole lotta rosie, though.

(Couldn’t resist.)

about 15%

Fantastic, very helpful to know what to expect.

Similar plans here. But I wonder if the 5000K LH351Ds can remain in place. So 519A 2700K dedomed with stock 5000K LH351D. The diffuser will probably deal with any differences between the 2 types of emitters (floody dome vs less floody dedomed) and the 519As can be saved for a project where they matter more. Going to try this once they arrive, might be a while though. Can always replace the remaining stock ones if it doesn’t work out as expected.

Edit: the 2700K ones are located on the inner ‘ring’. That probably helps with dedomed 519A more evenly hitting the diffuser, but that’s just a wild guess.

Speaking of LH351Ds… what to do with all the LH351Ds that have been replaced? They’ve become like an unwanted family member :laughing:

You may enjoy slicing the domes off… makes them prettier if you ever decide to use them again…

Im really enjoying your posts and photos,
thanks for taking the time to share info including pics

What, what?

I took a little break and now there is a whole new Nichia?

Awesome!!