Nichia E17A/E21A series (April 19th: updated with output tests in the OP)

Wait later until Djozz come with his E17A. I myself is rather not to deal with them

:+1: :beer: I like that tests…

Waiting for Djozz’s test results ……drum rolls……

Yes, me too :frowning:

I have have received the leds and reflowed them (both 5000K R8000) on my boards (on which they are going to be tested until your boards will be available), but I need 2 hours for the actual tests, and 3 more hours for the write-up. I’m not sure where to find those hours in the next week.

Very nice! Take your time, we’ll wait for your test result later.

- Clemence

April 19th: I updated the OP with two output tests on my 119 boards.

Thanks for the test Djozz,
Mine was dying at 8A, but still lit. The damage pattern truly depends on how the pads are cooled. The burnt always started from the hottest point. This LED should create a better nice beam pattern with it’s rounded rectangular hotspots.

Thanks for the tests. I cancelled the order I had placed after I saw that the dies didn’t extend to the edge, and I’m glad I did. These might be fine for some applications, but it’s not what I was looking for.

Thanks djozz. Nice testing as usual and invaluable information you have given us. :+1:

Thanks Djozz! You are the best.

SM503 D220 Ra9080 test result. Not accurate but should give you an idea

Complete test link: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/45807

Since Virence Shop closed made same design 20mm MCPCB for E21A leds. All we have to do is to order at some online MCPCB service ;))