Night crawler hunting light

Life long fisherman and great white hunter of nightcrawlers but have found that these day they are much faster than they used to be :rofl: and I need to become a more effective stalker.

Looking for a headlamp with a BRIGHT red emitter. I have a few older headlamps but they dont put out enough light and are worthless unless held near ground. Would be much easier to wear on head and I am pretty sure that is why they have a band.

Any veteran crawler hunters with good advice?

1 Thank

DW4 with red SST20 or W2? (does 660nm vs ~620nm matter?) Probably get the boost driver for sustainability, if you don’t need a white mode too. With white W2 or SST20, would be ~4000lm non-boost or ~2000 boost.

I have an Ozark trail 500 lumen headlamp I use for catching crickets and worms. I grabbed it on clearance for $7 at wally world. I figured hard to beat that for a rechargable lamp. I liked it enough I grabbed 4 more just for the battery packs and parts if I ever need to replace.

Wizard C2 WR (warm). The warm is 4000k. 4 levels of white and 4 levels of red. Both are very floody. Armytek Wizard C2 WR White & Red lights

1 Thank

Just get a good headlamp, like the Boruit D10, take a small red balloon and cut off the tip, and then stretch it over the head. Lots of red lumens to find those nightcrawlers!

Looking forward to next Saturday, the first Saturday in May, for the official first day of fishing here in Wisconsin!

Sofirn H25LR would be all you need

Have one on the way!

Well I ended up buying a D4 in red with boost and RGB but the problem now is yes it works great and does not scare the night crawlers BUT I cant see diddly squat using a red light.
Anyone interested in a red head or entire light in green? About 10 minutes of use.

Can you emmitter swap with a SBT90.2 in 620 nm?

I have no idea- Still looking for someone in the states that does swaps

Can you solder? If you buy a red emitter already on a mcpcb the swap is quite easy

Dont want to mess with it since I would probably screw it up…

1 Thank

Yes, good idea to play it safe, perhaps you can get a friend to solder the 2 led wires to the driver. If it doesnt work you can revert to original