Nitecore EC11 (CR123/IMR 18350 light) - Off line now :-)

Received mine in perfect condition — thanks again, Sirius9!

GearBest wants to offer me $6 GB points in compensation for the above.

I would prefer a new one.

What do you guys think?

Note the beam shot pattern. I am unable to describe that “crown” but you can see its not circular

I wouldn’t be happy with $6 compensation. With that misalignment the light will perform poorly - as can be seen from your beam shot. You’d also have problems reselling it. If you are able to repair it yourself then higher monetary compensation may be ok else I’d insist on a replacement/full refund or open a paypal dispute.

Hi,

This is from the “other forum”. - Please read post #13, and then perhaps read it all.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?399936-**New**-Nitecore-EC11

When the EC11 is good, then it’s really Good, but when it’s like yours…

I’d demand a New One!

Very sorry,
-Chuck

That is happening because of where the red led sits. Mine looks like that too.

I think this is going to be my new edc. I thought I would never replace my Eagletac D25Cvn Ti.

Nothing to do with the Red LED - Please see my post #184 above.

Take a look at the beamshots by others, both good and bad.

Looks to be a de-centered main LED.

Thanks,
-Chuck

I feel bad for you. This may make you feel worse! That[$6 refund] would NEVER happen w/ an American company,pick one,Going Gear/Illumns/Battery Junction,ect,. They would give you a brand new one. Hell If I do not like a light because of preference, even when NOTHING mechanically is wrong with the light,Illumns will refund me. They have done it 3 times!

On the GERMAN forum BANGGOOD was asking for video evidence from the people who got defective EC11’s!! Another joke,Unfortunately many times you get what you pay for!

With ALL that said I would DEMAND a new light. You deserve a new one, not a DEFECTIVE one plus a measly $6!! :bigsmile:

Totally agree w/ Chuck… Mine looks NOTHING like that. Mine also has a RED led! If your looks like that to than you are easily satisfied.

I was not able to get my newest pic. on here. see post #79 on thread below.Not the greatest wall shots,but they show a decent beam profile. You will see NO HALO/DOUBLE hot SPOT LIKE xed888’s light.Also in post #41 CUL8R has a wall shot.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?399936-**New**-Nitecore-EC11/page3

Anyone tried to disassemble the light, did they glued the bezel ?

They did. SO I couldnt readjust my reflector

Thanks for the support guys.

Will continue pushing them. probably open a PP dispute

See post # 91 ,and # 72,hell mays as well read the whole thread!,it is short ~ 125 posts.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?399936-**New**-Nitecore-EC11/page4

He dedomed the emitter w/ success but fried the RED LED in the process!! He asked the same question as you about how to get to the emitter,then he just did it w/ mixed results!

I am easily satisfied. I actually use my lights outside so I don’t notice the halo. The led appears to be perfectly centered.

Yours or xed888? It is so obvious his is OFF center. Look at the beam and look at the distance[gap] difference between the top right and bottom right of the LED compared to the top left and bottom left of the LED!!

Bezel is glued on with a small amount of red threadlocker.

I took some rubber 3M indoor stairway gripp tape, wrapped a strip around the bezel and another strip around the head and then turned. The bezel came right off. Didn’t even require pliers.

With the bezel off the lens, lens o-ring and reflector will fall right out. After that you should be able to recenter the star using a toothpick or probe.

Sorry, my led is perfectly centered.

This is their subsequent reply:

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

1)Return the items for a full refund or an exchange.
Please check our warranty return policy here http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html
As you can see customer has to cover the shipping fees to send the item back. Once we receive the item we will refund the order in full.

2)Partial refund ( No return)
We can offer a partial refund of 20% your product value which is $xx

3)Resending a remplacement (No return)
We can resend you a replacement but we kindly ask you share 80% cost of item and the shipping fee.
The total cost will be the product cost + shipping fee = $xx

Could you please let me know your decision?

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding

Best Regards

Any suggestions? Open a dispute?

ok,no problem,just a little confused because in post # 185 you said this in regards to xed888’S WALL SHOT:That is happening because of where the red led sits. Mine looks like that too.

If yours is perfectly centered and looks like his,something is WRONG!!

Have a nice day, 8)

button top