NiteCore Multi-Task MT40 860 Lumens XM-L U2

Only because I read this thread and not those and because the MT40 is such an obvious rip off of the BC40.

i like the new twist you put into your posts.

Well again, if you don’t have anything positive to add then don’t.

I’m digging the new Nitecore lights. The EC25 is a champ, and I have an Ea4w on the way. I’d love to see some beam shots, mY next Nitecore will be the EA8.

I’ll try and get you some beamshots.

Now you and I both know that is hardly the whole truth to why you chose to post this here. And as much as your on here I can guarantee that you seen the NiteCore EA4 threads here a plenty. It’s the same way you are in pm’s when you try to say I don’t mean to make you mad, but… Give me a break dude. It’s just your nature to try and get under someones skin. So go bug someone else. There are plenty of members here besides me. And save the pm’s for someone else as well. I don’t care to hear them.

I have never talked to you in PMs. I haven’t looked at the other threads, I have seen them on here but didn’t think about the connection until I saw the MT40 since it is a copy. Again, there’s nothing more to it than that, you can try and make it be more but there isn’t.

Your right I had the wrong username. It’s Boaz the one I was thinking of. So my bad. But nonetheless, NiteCore makes plenty of other lights besides this one. So I will leave it at that.

They do make plenty of lights, I would personally not buy any of them because of the way that Sysmax has chosen to do business. I am glad you like this light, I just wish you would have gone with the real deal instead :wink:

Brad, I like it. I personally don't care if it's a rip-off of the original as long as it's quality. Sysmax is just one of many Chinese companies that blatantly rip off other companies. Look at the Fenix TK35 knockoffs that many BLF members bought. Nobody says anything about that...

Thanks Glenn. I agree. I tried to call you today.

Here’s a few beamshots of the NiteCore MT40.

Camera settings were man 2 sec shutter f/3.5 ISO 200.

110yds

300yds

That last street sign is right at 300yds. You can cleary see this ins’t a 300yd thrower. You can’t even see the trees by the sign to the left.

Brad, that was yesterday according to my caller-id. I wasn't home, sorry buddy

Well now, I would just like to say that Jetbeam are just as bad as Nitecore in the rip off/copying department. Anyone remember the Zip20/spy007 issue?

Whilst I think it is a bad way to business, they all copy each other to a greater or lesser extent. So if we all took the higher ground we would not have many torches left to buy.

It looks like a tidy torch for sure! I hope you enjoy it.

Marc.

The heads aren’t identical and the UI is different, copying idea maybe but nowhere near a clone. MT has more modes. (Shrug) see cpf;

Can anyone say a few specifics about this light, flooder/thrower/output? What models could this be compared to in a another brand: xxxfire/solarforce/shadow etc.

Yeah… I had the BC40 as well. I liked it quite a lot but it had only 2 power levels. That was a limiting factor, for me.
I believe the MT40 has more (levels)…

MT40 might seem to have more levels but both have almost identical lowest modes. Which means that all the added levels aren’t all that useful on the MT40

MT40 also has a single o-ring on the neck so it turns way too easily since this is a big light. BC40 has double orings

i actually like the BC40 better

So you won’t buy flashlights from a company that copies other company’s flashlights?

Jetbeam/Nitecore/Sysmax were all jointly owned at one time. Its a big legal clustereff. Theres discussion about it on this forum and others.