Nitecore P12. Disappointing.

I have always found attractive Nitecore, I have Sens aa, sens cr, EA1, EA4, EA4W, EC25, EX10, MT1A, MT1C.
But I always have problems with them, the EA1 was crap, with problems EA4 Switch (NiteCore should give better solutions to their customers).
With Fenix ​​and Sunwayman, I feel I’m on top level. The PD35 is the best compact flashlight I have ever had in my hands, and no NiteCore has given me that feeling.
Nitecore makes many new features, but does not test them enough, puts them on the market fast, and manufacturing errors by quickly selling, and I, the buyer, angry |(

agree

the EA4 switch melting is one glaring example

another is the fact that their very own nitecore-branded 14500 doesn’t work on their very own SRT3 flashlight. that’s just pretty stupid

some nitecores also have very poor thermal design like EA4 and EA8

their latest headlamp HC50 has such a crappy driver that it fall out of regulation in just 30 minutes. and the stupid UI and stiff button that you have to punch in very quickly for it to work correctly

I have 3 nitecore ,3 problem MT1A switch problem.same problem after the exchange EA4 switch problem well-known EC25 manufacturing defect http://budgetlightforum.no-ip.org/node/23371 so for me nitecore it’s over

Hmmz……I just ordered the P12. You guys think it would be wise to cancel or change the order to a Fenix PD35? The Fenix is 25% more expensive and less throwy…

yah but the P12 is a simple design (and therefore cheaper than expected), nothing much can go wrong with it. many lights have the same UI.

Fenix feel better and are more expensive. Fenix holsters aren't the best.

and attention if you want to use on firearm

I already ordered the EC25, and now I will wait in horror, in what condition it will deliver to me.

wait and see :slight_smile: шучу конешно. удача

I will hope for better.

Je vous remercie hopar!

Received EC25 a few days ago from a wallbuys sale $48,41 USD. It seems everything is working fine.

Cons: The description has EC25. In fact EC25W. Inscriptions are off-center a couple of millimeters.
Hotspot has small artifacts in the center.

But after that I read here about Nitecore, yet satisfied. :slight_smile:

I have the Nitecore EC1. The led is perfectly centered. It throws very well. Beam is clean with no funky rings or artifacts. Light feels solid, clip is strong. I have grown to love the blinking red led. At first I didn’t like it at all, but with a rechargeable battery now, that feature has kept me from loosing it. I dropped it while going camping one night. Stranger found it and brought it to me cause she had seen the red light blinking on my jacket earlier. It clips solidly on my jacket draw string. But…….All that just barely barely out weighs the fragile hard to use with cold hands “EC” “Extra Cheesy” Switch.
Its like they were doing the R&D for this light and ran out of budget when it came to designing the switch. With gloves on, its hard to use it. You can end up with the wrong mode when I need a little llight in the duck blind fast, next thing you know you are frying your night vision with 200+ lumen strobe! lol
When hunting I find I want a light that has the strobe feature and I want it hidden. Only want it for emergency. Also, when I am in a boat, I don’t need to worry about falling in the water and the stupid switch leaking water in. Anyways, sorry for the rant. I know yall are talking about the other nitecore model, I just wanted to add my .02 to this subject for those who may be looking at his light.
So, for me I like the light for a back up. I am sure I am not alone on this forum in carrying 2 or 3 lights at night. lol I would prefer the Fenix quality to Nitecore if your gonna spend that kinda money.

Recieved my P12 yesterday and I love it!

Great modes, blinky modes are hidden, great form factor, really decent throw and flood for such a small light and no weird rings or spots like TS experiences. All in all a great replacement for my EagleTec T20C2! :smiley:

I just received my p12, p25, and tm26 from nite core and I am impressed with all three. I think the quality is for the price of the light. I am a flashaholic so I have a lot of lights and I will be buying from nitecore again.

I bought one when they were first released - preorder in fact - and I love it! No problems, I love the moonlight mode that some people have no use for and it turns into a throwy wall of light (for its size) on high. All that at an attractive price, and the voltage indicator is a nice plus.

Little update: First real world use of the P12 was great. Used it as a bike light (to ride through the city). Had it on the second setting, more then enough of light for the city. The side switch is great for this use, very easy to switch modes that way.

And I was able to “shoo” away a car that was standing in the middle of the road, using the High beam. Brilliant! :bigsmile:

Listen up, all you new folks to these WONDERFUL flashlights we now have for such ‘CHEAP’ (comparatively speaking) prices… you get out of a flashlight what you WANT… and you DO get what you pay for. I have some really GREAT little flashlights that I got for UNDER TWENTY BUCKS, and really CRAPPY ones for OVER FIFTY!!! It really depends on WHAT your idea of what a flashlight is going to DO FOR YOUR NEEDS! Also, some of the smaller lights that take a single ‘18350’ style battery can be used with one of the extension rings you can find for around a buck, and NOW it will hold a big-ol’ LONG ‘18650’, which will last at least TWICE as long. Ummm, you newbies DO know about Lithium Ion batteries, which MOST cree light take… RIGHT? Oooooo_ time to start doing some battery research. There are a few different types, but MOSTLY you will be using ‘18650’, ‘18350’ (half the length) and if you like the smaller diameter type also the ‘CR-123’, sometimes referred to incorrectly as the ‘CR-123A’. The ‘CR-123’ are pretty much the same length as the ‘18350’ but a bit smaller around. The so-called STANDARD ‘CR-123’ is usually used for cameras, and if this is the case, it is mostly found under the KODAK brand. Finally, on batteries, to make things even MORE confusing, there are rechargeable and non-rechargeable ‘Li-Ion’ batteries. ALWAYS get and use the rechargeable. Mother Nature will love you later on. However, the ‘CR-123’ CAN last up to TEN YEARS with little life lost to sitting on THE SHELF!… so THEY say.

Yes, I WILL mention the ‘P-12’ in a moment.

Getting back to flashlights… You need to understand that SOME will give you a much ‘better’ THROW (the distance the beam gets out to), while others are GREAT for flood use, such as in search-&-rescue for looking around within about 100 feet or so. Ever been walking about in a cloud? Some of us called it fog. I have paid good money for about twelve flashlights that I can’t use in the fog. Then I have a few that are THE BEST due to their reflectors and the PUNCH they give to their throwing out that beam!!! Some are wonderful for flood, some for long distance. Few flashlights will be GREAT for both uses, which is why a TON of us have so many of the darn things! Me, I got around 45, and my TWO faves are the EYE10-TiC, by ‘Niteye’, and the Tiny Monster 26 (TM-26) by Nitecore, which is NOT the end-all and be-all for me, but I just happen to LOVE the ‘Niteye’ due to it’s size and POWER (fits GREAT in my pant pocket and is INFINITELY variable in the output), and the “T26” gives me everything I need in a BIG gun unit. I mean HEY!_ who the hell NEEDS more than 3600 lumens?
The several other units I have all give me a certain quality, and I am looking forward to adding to my collection.
New folk, NEVER take another person’s opinion as being GOSPLE. Yup, not even MINE! It is ONLY him or her speaking what he or she thinks about the device. For instance, the thing about a ‘donut’ ring of light (darker in the center) is usually due to an ‘oops’ in the manufacturing of a device, or it is just a cheap piece of crap… PLENTY out there. Regarding the GOOD lights that display this particular ‘error’, it is usually not even worth mentioning, as you will NOT notice it in everyday use.
Even though most reviews you will read or watch are others’ opinions, you can still learn a LOT by doing your homework, and KNOWING what is important for YOUR needs. The reviews can be a HUGE help… IF you use some common sense. Some of THE BEST reviews are video reviews, but you gotta take some of them with that darn ‘grain of salt’ your mama told you about a WAY long time ago. You know, maybe regarding some GOSSIP you done heard of or about. Even video reviews are STILL that person’s OPINION. Sure, there are always some basic things to adhere to, such as quality of construction, and the FEEL in the hand… and the look, or style. But when it comes to what the thing DOES and how it makes you feel… only YOU can decide that. And always remember_ what one person may HATE about a light, YOU may LOVE.
Now, regarding the ‘P-12’. I have two and will most likely be using them over several others I have of the same size and power. I like the way they feel, the ease with which I can switch from one mode to another, the ability to EASILY check the condition of the batteries, and when held in my closed hand, it works much better than a roll of quarters for hitting someone in the face… I’m just sayin’!
Take care, and keep the way lit so ya’ don’t stub a toe.

Mr. Michel J. Gaudet

NiteCore = overpriced, P12 with I2 charger and one 2600mAh battery $167 at our local NiteCore agent.
And after having issues with all my NiteCore products , never again.
Ea1 offset emitter, EA4 rubber switch fiasco (too scared to use) I4 broke apart after two months, had to superglue together.