Nitecore Tube - half dead

hi guys,
I am sure I saw this issue mentioned somewhere but I cant find it now :confused:

about 6 months ago I bought Nitecore Tube and several days ago it stopped wroking,

It was attached to my keys, used less than I thought I will use it, recharged maybe 4 or 5 times. It does not react to any combination of e-switch clicks, short, long, single, double, triple… nothing, only when I connect it to USB blue indicator led lights up constantly and thats it.
Any ideas, what could I try without disassembling the light!

I contacted seller and got middle finger:

will try to contact nitecore now, maybe they acknowledged the issue and have replacement plan ongoing (wishful thinking) after that its hacksaw time…

The blue LED should turn off when it’s fully charged, if it’s not turning off then it might be more than just a faulty switch.

I can’t offer any help how to fix it though.

I left it hour or two hooked up but nothing happened, blue led shining all the time.

This is just a thought when I received mine the cell inside was loose it sounded like rattle. I opened the case and bonded the cell in place,
perhaps your cell was loose as well and the leads from the cell to the circuit have broken, it is easy to open to investigate. At this point you have nothing to lose.

I thought so too but I managed to remove one serew, other 3 are so tight as if they are glued and I only ended up destroying the screws head, and I don’t have reverse drill bit for screw removal either so kinda out of options…

Depending on who the seller is, I would figure out if they can get away with it. It’s a Nitecore and it’s rechargeable. But so is the flagship TM26, so why no warranty then?

Bought it from Banggood, quoted their response to buy a new one in the first post, will see if nitecore will be willing to replace it, chances are slim they will do so…

Ah, then it may be more difficult (no domestic laws applicable). However, perhaps there are ways to deal with Banggood. Maybe other people can help you with dealing with Banggood; meaning, is it a Nitecore Tube problem, or maybe a Banggood problem? If you change the title maybe you get a different response. Hey maybe there is no warranty on the Tube, but do we know that for sure? But maybe it’s just not worth going after it….

What if I buy a new one and wear it for 6 months and it craps itself, should I buy a third, fourth, fifth.
I call that “shop warranty” meaning you have warranty until you leave the shop.

Exactly. Maybe you can check first with Nitecore if there actually is a warranty. Some vendors need a bit of persuasion… But do you want to go through that trouble? A new one is only 8 Dollars at Banggood… They were selling those for around 6 Dollars I believe not too long ago. Maybe you can negotiate a discount code because of your bad luck. There’s more negotiation required dealing with far east vendors than what we’re accustomed here in the west… And of course, you can always try to fix the Tube yourself with help of others; it might be a fun learning project.

Banggood are not very strong on warranties as I found out when my BLF A6 died after a few months. They were not in the least bit interested. Gearbest make you go through hoops but will usually sort you out in the end.

Lockout/Unlock
With Tube turned on, press and hold the switch for three seconds. Tube will lock out after a flash of the
LED to avoid accidental activation during carry. To unlock, press and hold the switch for three seconds
again.
http://flashlight.nitecore.com/html/uploads/ueditor/image/product/TUBE/TUBE_UM_EN.pdf

This is older model, without lockout feature, I bought it on Marth 10-th. Models with lockout started shipping just recently, I think.
Anyhow, I tried holding it 3-5-10 seconds, double-triple-quad clicking… its dead in the sea.

Not to hijack, but I wonder if Tube lockout is the same shixxxtty “feature” as in the TIP???

If anyone is interested I found these on eBay. Pretty close to the Nitecore tube but a few bucks less.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/45LM-2-Modes-Portable-Mini-Flashlight-Rechargeable-USB-Torch-LED-Light-Key-Chain/122347418528?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=422831468582&\_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

A friend of mine had the same problem. His problem was a wire came off so he re-soldered it and it is still working. Unfortunately you can’t get yours apart.
I grabbed a couple more when they had a flash sale for $3.99.
Haven’t had any problems yet. Got 2 TIPs also.
I would try Nitecore.

Hi guys, sorry for not giving you feedback on this issue sooner, I completely forgot about this thread.

Eventually I was able to open this TUBE, I used brutal force tool, drilled through screws that were stuck, and yes, problem was that one lead from battery came of, problem was that this wire was actually aluminium strip, as usual with lipo batteries, and it was not soldered to pcb but spot welded. I did my best, used some old 32650 cell as spot welder, found some similar small screws for housing.
It worked several months more, crap again, recently replaced by TIP :slight_smile:

Hope the TIP works out for you. I love mine and bought a backup. Can’t really see a “need”for any other light but “want” is a different story.

my first tube also had some flicker issues, second none so i guess the quality on these are a little so so depending batch etc… its just better buy a new one hope for better.

I’ve had 2 out of 4 Nitecore Tubes fail after about 6-10 months. Works on low but strobes on high.
I guess the quality of the cheap end Nitecore is not very good & warranty not worth the postage of returning them.
Treat as a semi-disposable item.