Nitecore Warranty Experience

Not sure if this is the right place ,but I wanted to share a recent Nitecore experience. I have a Nitecore MH27 that just stopped working. I bought it in 2020. I cannot find the receipt but I am sure that is when I bought it because I was able to find a youtube conversation that I had with a reviewer and I bought it shortly after. I have the serial number to Nitecore and they said that it was made 5 years ago, so no warranty service. For me, no more Nitecore but I just wanted to convey the message that if you do like Nitecore, be sure to keep your receipt.

Well, it’s a big company, they should accept it ! Nothing better from a happy customer !

Where did you buy it?

The burden of proof is on the buyer. Granted they could have honored it but they count on people to lose the receipt to get over on them.

If it was made 5 years ago, to me, the Manufacturer is off the hook after that much time.
Amazon says that model introduced in 2018 so there ya go.

Technology is better now anyway for less money in most cases, so time to upgrade.

JMHO, YMMV

If you don’t keep the receipt, expect no service/warranty - that’s across the board. For all they know you could have picked it up for $1 at a yard sale and are now expecting them to give you a new one/fix it. (I’m not saying that is the case obviously)
Maybe take it back to the actual shop you bought it from?, but again with no receipt they are under no obligation to do anything. If it was online, then maybe worth checking your emails?

Just search your mail for MH27.

Which Nitecore did you contact, the US distributor or Nitecore headquarters in China?

They should at least offer to sell you a discounted one.

I cannot remember where I purchased it.

I understand. Checked emails. Just found a receipt for the MH27UV that I bought in 2020 from Amazon. That is the light I returned just before buying the MH27. Just cant remember where I bought it. No big deal. Ive had bad luck with Nitecore anyway. A couple of earlier lights had super bad parasitic battery drain and this one just died. I am moving on.

Searched mail, no receipt. Emailed China through the Nitecore site. Again, no big deal. Lesson learned. Keep receipts with boxes and dont get another Nitecore. Not solely because of warranty response but because of reliability.

I agree. I am not complaining, just offering advice to keep receipts. Not all companies stand behind their products the same.

Producing the receipt is the minimum requirement for warranty repair. Even then some manufacturers require that you purchase the product from an authorized dealer or from certain dealers. This ensures the product is not grey market.

For example, I needed warranty repair on a Ridgid drill I purchased from an on line dealer. I was within the warranty period, I had the receipt, however the dealer was not an authorized dealer so the warranty repair was not accepted. They sent me the warranty terms and it clearly stated the warranty only applies if the item was purchased from two or three different dealers, one of which was Home Depot.

Warranties are typically crystal clear. This one is no exception.

Your credit card may be able to help if they offer something like extended warranties.

Paypal would be an option to search, too, if you’d paid through them. I’ve had to do it before. The MH27 was the ONLY Nitecore that ever was less than perfect for me, personally.

So wherever you bought it was selling old stock. Unless it was directly from Nitecore you’re out of luck.

That’s kind of standard…if no proof of purchase then they do the best they can with date of manufacture if that’s an option. Can you not look back through your paypal/credit card/bank statements using that youtube comment date as a starting point and find the transaction? Even if it’s not an invoice/receipt that entry on your finances should suffice…worst case scenario it will tell you where you bought it and maybe you can ask the vendor for a receipt that way. Probably worth the time even if you want to ditch them as a company and sell the working replacement light or something.

Also, it varies a little but typically, still, these Chinese companies very often expect the retailers to handle warranty rather than addressing it themselves - sometimes that’s even written into a distributor contract. Tends to leave people hanging when the retailer is gone or no longer sells the light model, etc., but it seems reaching out to their local-ish distribution channels sometimes gives better results than going directly to the company like we’re used to, traditionally. I had a devil of a time with Lumintop (twice) but eventually through creativity and patience they held up their end of the bargain. Another option - the one that finally worked for me with Lumintop - is to reach out to them/sellers on Amazon and see if they can help, even if you didn’t purchase it on Amazon. And these days facebook posts explaining/complaining seem to get attention as well (which is irritating but sometimes that face-saving customer service response is the only thing that perks them up).

I had another situation where someone redirected me to Banggood where I’d bought the light, then Banggood blew me off because they didn’t sell the light and told me to contact the manufacturer. So I did that again and they begrudgingly helped me - sent me a driver after some pestering and wanting me to ship the light back to China, but thankfully I could convince them that I was capable and just needed the less expensive part, not the whole product.

That sucks shane1! :rage:

And it looks like the MH27 would be a pretty hard to work on: REVIEW: Nitecore MH27 (XP-L Hi V3 , 1x18650)

But I would at least try to take it apart to see if there’s something that looks wrong.

Good to know Nitecore doesn’t support customers anymore. It’s an unfortunate symptom of companies getting big. They care about big customers/ corporations/organizations;the little guys don’t matter anymore.

Keeping the receipt is standard operating procedure for any purchase.

Nitecore did not do anything wrong in this case.

The receipt shows:

1-You are the original purchaser.
2-You purchased it new and not used.
3-You purchased it within the correct time period.

It’s like this for anything you buy no matter how cheap or expensive.

Try contacting the US distributor and provide the light serial number. This way they can at least see if it was imported by them and might offer some kind of limited warranty.
Obviously without any proof of purchase the odds are slim but worth trying.