Nitecorn charger

Ha ha. Are you talking about the big review where the wall transformer went “pop” when he first plugged it in? And minos said “please understand my lack of and work with me, i am learning and try very to earn your trust business.”

oh my, i cant wait to receive this 8 slot ebay charger. I will have my fire extinguisher ready the whole time i charge batteries.

Oh man! :smiley: :smiley: Im about to blow a nut! :smiley: :smiley: LMAO!!!

Is this thread making anyone else hungry for popcorn?

Someone had to do it: The funniest BLF post(s) you read during 2014 :bigsmile:

Ha ha

these are decent chargers performance wise.
they have a minor wart with the sliders.
hard to beat at the price point.
the sample is still in heavy use daily.
and in my teardown i noted that it should be moddable for different charge current per slot.
since the sample came unbranded i call it the blank charger.
the link the O P posted is a good deal for a U S source.
but watch out as time goes on in case these go the way of the srk!

They are rubbish to begin with. Does a fire extinguisher come with the charger? Even if I were a shill, I wouldnt use one; even if it were given to me in exchange for a highly unqualified, non-technical review like yours. Plug it on and “POP!”. Maybe you could burn your house down next time! Real nice.

This is what a qualified review looks like:

PLEASE AVOID THIS GARBAGE. The only worthwhile information I read in snakebites review is that they are built to a dangerous standard and might result in electrocution, injury or death.

I am done with you.
minos may have been a shill before but what I posted is the truth as I found it.
I didn’t have time to do an HKJ type review but what I did comes to the same conclusion as he came to on the enova.
so take your beef with Minos elsewhere.
regardless of your opinion its as good as the enova because it is the same minus the stickers.same power supply.therefore one stands the same chance of a dud unit.
It is NOT a dangerous product and infact would pass ul,csa,ect testing.
drop your fud and bs!

I’m not too worried about this charger. I really need a charger that can charge 8 cells or more because I am always charging laptop pulls. I don’t expect to leave the house when it is plugged in though.

thats just good practice.
its a decent unit at its price point.

I wonder what they’d call a Nitecorn rechargeable flashlight, you know, one with a hole for plugging the charger into…

family friendly version

Personally, I would stay away from the no name brand sold by minos. I had gearbest try to contact someone involved, to see if they could get one to test out themselves and so far they can't get any answers, so since they are actually very close to the supposed seller of thee things, nothing seems to be real. For those that say these products are good, all I can tell you is that we don't trust much any more, because this forum has gotten to where it's filled with questionable member posts, who are either trying to get a cut off the sellers, to get money or free items, or they are actually the sellers, employees, affiliates, or friends of sellers and want to promote more sales. Hopefully, most of us will shy away from any of these very cheap chargers and other electronics until reviews are done by members like HJK, who have the proper testing abilities. The forum has become quite cutthroat and most of the old rules of courtesy are gone, which only promotes more and more of what is happening here lately. It's just what happens from lack of moderation, nothing that hasn't happened before in other forums and certainly nothing new.

My 8 slot no name charger arrived. It looks like a nice unit. Came with a heavy white color 12v 3.5a wall transformer. I threw a bunch of different 18650’s in and it worked so far.

I still have a feeling that these 8 slot chargers are all made at the same place. 8 slots/bays would not be a high demand charger so i doubt that these units will be copied. I am going to get an enova all8 next so I can tear them both apart and compare.

Necro thread just because it’s Halloween time :slight_smile:
Love that Nitecorn pic!

Also looking for a Cheap/Safe 8 to 12 slot AA/AAA only 110v battery charger for some Amish friends as they spend a fortune on Duracells for crappy headlamps and they probably are not candidates for safely handling Lithiums.
So figured some Amazon Basics NiMh and a no frills plug and play charger is the way to go.

Later
Keith