Nitefighter L1A angle head light for $12.79

My clip broke after first use as well and I am kinda disappointed withe the ringy beam pattern. The fit and finish is great but the output is meh!

Nite fighter has a pretty extensive group of offerings from what I’ve seen. I’ll add this to my by wishlist.

Anyone know if this can handle 14500 cells?

Are those lens plastic ?

Would it be a tight fit ? (Ultrafire H1/H2/H3/H4/H5/H6 headband)

I was curious about this and with not much love left for this light I stuck a soshine lipo4 in it and it killed the sos, the output was much improved but it won’t shut off, I have to untwist it to shut it off, and it won’t work with an eneloop anymore LOL

18.76mm= too big

No. It seems the lens of clear glass.
14mm in dia.

Mine has an ugly plastic lens full of scratches :frowning:

Has anyone else tried a 14500 battery with good results or found a suitable driver for driving this light with lithium power?

Yesterday i couldn’t stand the ringy beam anymore and took it apart. You have to pry behind the led to get the glass and reflector out…its an 8 or 10mm mpcb (cutter sells them) and luckily i had an xm-l on exact the same mpcb here, that fit perfect. during the process i ripped one of the wires to the switch, but i just replaced them with new ones.
now i have a nice floody beam with a good hotspot in the middle…perfect for a headlamp! the driver is still original, the output got maybe 20% better due to higher efficiency, compared to a fenix hl50 on aa, the fenix blasts it on mid. however, i really like that nitefighter now!

That is great, wanted to try that (but with a Nichia219B) but it was not on the top of my list yet. This mod makes this light sooo much better!!

So how is the glass fixed to the light, is it press-fit and does it pop out and pop in again without needing to add glue or something?

the lens is only jammed in! but it really was a pain to get out, a lot of prying necessary. destroyed the old led in the process, but didn’t care much afterwards :wink: no glue, only held in by o-ring.

Thanks for the info, I will give it a go! :-)

What’s held in by o-ring?

between lens and reflector sits the o-ring and holds everything in place.

Ok, thanks

thanks Chili. Ordered one to test using under the cupboard in the kitchen. Tried some under-mount
leds from Ikea and Costco and they were junk, the one from Ikea required 3 AAAs and output was much
lower/worse than the S1 clone on 1 AAA. So thought about an angled light w/ magnetic tail and this seems
promising. Will likely diffuse if nec.

The headband clip is just black plastic, four little legs that snap onto grooves.

Now three, as one broke off after very little use. Same failure a couple of other people reported above.

Time to mod the damned thing. I see a few people have gotten them apart, catching up on the destruction/reconstruction ideas ….

My holder on mine broke also, not the arm but the part that holds the elastic strap.
The plastic is junk

'a pain' is mildly said for what was needed to get it al out, but I got it done with a major amount of controlled brute force:

But looking now at the construction I actually think it could have been done easier. The lens is plastic so what you can do is stick your tiniest screwdriver or knife at the side of the lens and work it outwards until it pops out. Then remove the o-ring, then the reflector can be easily pushed out. This way you do not have to push the reflector through the o-ring, this o-ring is namely pressed sideways instead of outwards when the reflector is pushed out, making it so hard.