Nitenumen compact EDC 18650 light w/USB charging - Amazon deal

The light is flawed with small solder pads and the MCPCB is only 66-75% of full size.

I opened the head and saw what appeared to be a good solder, desoldered. It was sent back.

In addition to this, the last light I received appeared to have been used and resold (SS crown & lens scratches). Still in good shape but the current draw was only 1.5A. Of all the other C8s I received, this was slightly low. If they get offered again, perhaps some may be refurbished.

Okay, I took the star off and added some paste. There was some there, just not much. Re soldered the connections that seemed okay. Was done just because I was already there. Found a OP reflector that I was able to make fit. Not perfectly fit, had to add an o-ring, but it works just fine. The beam is much more livable now. Quite nice actually, most of the tint shifts and rings are gone.

I also noticed the spring in the tail cap was junk. Battery was moving around inside the tube and I just wasn’t happy with it. Had a spare tail cap off a SP32A that was just a hair too long. Tube wasn’t making contact with the tail cap. Made a very thin copper washer to take up that gap. Working flawlessly now and the SP32A tail cap added a hole for a lanyard for those who like to use them. I don’t but now it has a much better tail cap connection that it did and the battery doesn’t rattle around in there.

Now if they could fix that UI, it would be a great little light.

Glad you got one! Despite some of the want-for-more issues, I enjoy this light quite a bit.

If someone wanted a C8, because it’s currently unavailable. (if it actually were a C8 inside the bike mount shell)

they will sell it in a matter of a few days…but its almost useless flashlight with this modes selection

The current UI would be frustrating and unacceptable for EDC, however for $20 (or less - I paid $16) with the included 3400mAh protected cell it makes a great back up or car light. If they fix the UI it would be the cats meow, as long as the price would still be $20, which is low even compared to Nitenuemen’s other lights.

At only $5 more (but no included cell) the UltraTac S20 could be a good alternative for a low cost compact USB charging EDC. Ultratac S20

Mr. Beam0, this Nitenumen C8 is great. I use it for general purpose lighting, EDC and pest control (spotting nasty food moths flying in the air or on surfaces and then spraying them with bug killer. Pests under control.

Just tonight I had a real-life situation and the goto light was this Nitenumen C8. Jetbeam TH20 is too big (and fancy). Sofirn SF36W is a bit big. Sofirn C8T and SF31T are too throwy. The Nitenumen C8 was just right.

Awesome, and funny about the moths!

Also I see it’s back in stock, and $1.00 off with the 5% coupon deal:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8C71PH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Went outside and grabbed a beamshot after putting the OP reflector in the light. Smooths the beam out real nice and gets rid of some of the rings and tint shifts that I had with the stock reflector. I don’t have a stock beamshot and I’m not sure what your’s looks like now. Mine wasn’t very good and I wasn’t very happy with it. I am very happy with it now.

there are any new taxes or what? this cheap flashlight is now still cheap,but the shipping is unbelievable…what happen??

The same flashlight on Ali under another brand. Parameters are identical with Nitenumen. The price is not much higher.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EBUYFIRE-NE03-Mini-USB-Flashlight-18650-CREE-XML2-LED-Torch-with-Stainless-steel-clip-850LM-5/32851968416.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.643c2e0eY142Kr

hm…interesting…but who can trust to their descriptions…? i try one thanks a lot_:laughing:
sadly-the same mode selection….not good

so which side driver to use to run it to maximum?5 amps or so…who knows?

Now available at FastTech:

https://www.fasttech.com/product/9657121-authentic-nitenumen-x1-led-flashlight

Coupon price: $20
Code:4d1c9d

These are now at the better price of $14.39 with coupon applied on Amazon.

the modes selection and onoff is useless…folomov is now much better choice…and similar price

I agree about the modes and other gripes but Amazon's best price is more than twice the Nitenumen. What site has a similar price on the Folomov?

the code from martin deals website we have…28 dollars…yes nitenumen is now veery cheap.but useless.theres no modder for this one yet….

Old thread,old flashlight…Just ask-who and how modded this nice looking flashlight?