Nitenumen compact EDC 18650 light w/USB charging - Amazon deal

I got 1.9A with the stock set-up and supplied battery. 2.1A with a 25R. I have XP-L Hi, NW Convoy S2 & S2+ from GB and prefer those over this light but the price, strong clip, USB charger, battery and real XM-L2 are hard to beat for a work light where most of the activity is during the day used for inspecting sewer access and utility vaults. Sure, the UI stinks but hi mode is what you want in those working conditions.

That was kind of my thoughts to. Throw it in the truck and use it when I need it. If it needs charged I can just plug it up in the truck. I will never be with out a way to make some light out on the go if needed.

By any chance, did any of you receive the holster and lanyard with your order from Amazon?

Nope not me, All I got was a usb cord, O-ring and a extra usb port seal and the light.
I had to go back and look at the description, this is what it says
“Included:lanyard,Holster,body clip,Spare O-ring,3400mAh 3.7V 18650 Li-ion Protected Rechargeable Batteries.”
I didn’t get lanyard or the holster. :open_mouth:
Another note: description says “batteries” I only got one. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the reason why the USB hatch is so big on this light is Nitenumen probably just took the hatch from their larger light and made a suitable compartment for it in their new EDC light.

Incidentally, even if they accidentally put the wrong UI in the EDC ligbht, I’m not too thrilled with their flashlight UI either (long press for on-off, short press to cycle modes).

Here’s their larger light:
Slightly bigger Nitenumen

It’s kind of funny they say that light is $120 on their web site! I wish it was closer to $20. I’d almost be willing to pay that with XP-L.

This light does me good for a bike light. Got it in my Olight bike torch holder(excellent and worth the dough by the way). The UI isn’t much of an issue for my purposes. I’ve been using the strobe daily now being that it’s mostly light out nowadays. Went in the rain today and no problems. Nice light for my purposes. I personally like the way it feels in hand(moreso than the S20) but I couldn’t EDC it with that current UI. I’m happy with it as a bike light.

Haha… “Batteries”.

Amazon refunded me the money due to the ‘missing’ items even though I told them just to contact the seller to send the holster.

So, I sent a message to Nitenumen and we’ll see what that produces.

Thanks 007 for your answer! I’ll tell Amazon to keep the money. I’ve ordered more.

Yes! Those look like great light mounts! Noticed them immediately. I also concur this is a good front bike light.

Has anyone determined the approximate charging rate for this light?

No Lanyard or Holster with mine either…

BROODMASTER, did you go through the “Return Item” process to get your refund? Or contact Amazon some other way?

I use the Amazon app. (Big mistake because I can buy stuff too easily!) I go to the customer service option and then select returns and refunds. It will then show you your items/orders and go from there.

The chat option really stinks because they hand you off to multiple customer service people if you take more than 15 seconds to respond to their questions. I will now only take care of issues by a phone call.

I’m going to keep the light. If Nitenumen doesn’t respond to my message, I can make my own lanyard with type 1 and 3 paracord and buy a Redtail knife sheath from Bass Pro Shops.

I noticed a little earlier the price is creeping up. 5% discount is still offered.

Maybe because they have to include the lanyard and holster now or go broke.
I don’t use either one of them anyway, so no biggie for me.
I still don’t like the fact that it was advertised as coming with it though. That’s like lying. :smiling_imp:

Here are a few shots of what I’m finding:

!

Nitenumen C8

!

So, my first ordered light produces a little higher output in stock form (1.9-2.1A) while the other two were no more than 1.7A.
I found that one of the batteries is short so it maybe missing the protection circuit and the tab metal was a different color.
The more recent arrivals have lower ‘serial numbers’ than the first.
I think it was kind of mentioned earlier but if you turn on the light, press and hold till it starts SOS and click once more, it’ll shut off. So this is a shortcut to the blinkies and off.

I’m thinking a Nichia 219C will work in the light quite well but the wiring to a Noctigon 16mm MCPCP may be a little tricky.

I’m a little shaky on the soldering so if anyone wants to do make this mod for me, send me a PM.

I wish! I’ve ordered four now. 3 didn’t have it and suspect 4th arriving tomorrow won’t either. I guess I’ll have to order one at the new price :person_facepalming: :wink:
I’m with you on the ‘like lying’ comment. I usually raise HEdoublehockeysticks about stuff like that.

Did you ever hear back from NiteNumen?

No reply from Nitenumen. I wander if it’s really a monitored web site. Do they have a membership with the forum? I attempted a PM but Nitenumen doesn’t popup.

They don’t have a thread here I’ve even seen. Their NE01 (MH20 clone) was kind of popular a while back but had some issues with the USB charge termination, I don’t recall anyone from Nitenumen ever posting/replying to any threads but they may have. I believe the charging issue was resolved in the later/current versions of that light.

There is a Nitenumen Store on aliexpress but strangely this light still isn’t listed there, I messaged them about it and it did take a while for a reply (10 days) but I finally just got a 2 word reply this morning:

Me:
“Will you list the Nitenumen C8 in aliexpress soon?”

Nitenumen:
“sorry haven’t”

Short and sweet, wish I could use my words so pleasantly brief. :wink:
I just recently obtained a Folomov EDC-4. Its about the same style light with a better UI and can be used as a charging bank.
More money and a little nicer light in my opinion. The lowest mode is about 10 lumens the company claims, I would have prefered 1 lumen.
But besides that it’s much better than the C8 and it cost more too. I feel it might calm the low mode down a little with a high CRI Nichia and better tint. The NiteNumen makes a good go anywhere light for the price and the ability to charge it where ever there’s USB power. Plus for the price, maybe it will not make you cry if you loose it. :smiley: