NLD: (picture heavy) Noctigon, FireFlies, Lumintop, Astrolux, Emisar

Yea they are nice. Does Emisar or FireFlies not ship to your country? I don't understand?

They do but a free one would be nice :smiley: I might get the fireflies but there’s other lights I think I want more.

Dang, now THAT’S a collection! Did you ever get to reaming the reflector on the SBT-90.2 modded GT Mini? That thing looks like fun! What’s a ballpark estimate on the throw numbers on that thing? I’m thinking it should be able to easily do 1km at least on turn on. That’s about the size of my Thrunite Catapult V6 with an XHP35 and it’s rated for 750 meters. That Luminus emitter is much newer and much more powerful, so it should definitely be a step up, provided the optics are adequate for it.

Wow, what an impressive buying spree this year, Artie! You’ve got one heck of a flush flashlight fund going. Jealous! :wink:

I saw your mentioning 2700K / 4000K emitter combo on a D4v2… It’s not a menu selection item on the product page. Do you email Hank for that request? How much extra is it? Thanks!

Hey there, thank you! Yea i have been selling some too, but yes you are right the flashlight budget is a little outta control!

So yea you just email Hank, after you order. Once you place your order for the light you want (and just pick one of the two emitter options you want .. like either sst20 4000k or sst20 2700k) . after you place the order you immediately get the "order confirmation" email, just repsond to that and ask Hank to do a mix of the two emitters (like "please install 2x 2700k and 2x 4000k). i always mention i want it in a "X" configuration, that way he knows how to place them.

He does not charge for that :)

Thanks! So i did ream the reflector on the gt mini a little bit, but it did not need much. I never measured the KCD, but based on what others have measure for theirs (Vinh at SkyLumen does the same mod too) it looks like it should get about 900 meters. The orange peel reflector cuts back some of the throw on it, but gave it a MUCH nicer even beam! It was nice, but i have since sold it. I do that A LOT :) lol. its fun to do the mods and check them out, but ive come to realize if i do not absolutely love the light, or i dont use it often, i would rather sell it and try something else while it still has value. we know that this hobby progresses every day, so what is desirable today may not have much value tomorrow. If i dont absolutely Need a light i have, i sell it to try the next thing. It keeps it interesting lol.

Thanks for the detailed response man. Wow, 900 meters out of such a compact light is just insane. I might just have to drop one in my Catapult V6 :slight_smile: Didn’t know the GT Mini had an orange peel reflector, the Catapult V6 is about as smooth as it gets so I should get even more throw out of it. What tools would I need to complete this mod? I’ve taken engines apart and put em back together so I have plenty of tools, not a huge collection but they get the job done, but I’ve never tinkered with a flashlight. I do have a soldering iron (loaned it to a friend so needa ask for it back). Would I need to order a different driver to run this LED better? And where do you get your emitters from? Sorry if I’m asking too much, but now u got me curious. I remember reading in a few threads that some people got their emitters from KD (I think?) but can’t remember what it stood for or what the website was. I just rembember it started with a K.

If there’s a thread that you could point me to that’s got the basic “modder’s tool kit list”, that would be most appreciated. I did a quick search just now but only found some threads which partially cover tools just because they’re mentioned as a part of a project, not really a dedicated “sticky” thread where all the basic tools essential for modding, or assembly/disassembly of lights are covered.

About the selling of lights to try new ones, I will say there are definitely levels and different spectrums to this hobby, and I’m definitely not there :stuck_out_tongue: I buy very few lights when compared to most flashlight enthusiasts, but more than a normal person. I tend to give them a lot of thought and only buy them if I’m really interested in them and then keep them forever. Only recently I got a light that I’ve considered selling just because I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. A frienda mine was interested but I need to ask her if she still wants it. She’s very moody and what she feels like or wants one day could be the opposite of what she wants the next.

Anyway, now you got my head turning and I think I’d love to put an SBT-90.2 in that Catapult V6. It already is an amazing little thrower, can’t imagine the grin I’d get with that beefier emitter installed. I also have a Lumintop D2 that I’m really impressed with and I wrote about here the other day… definitely a good host for modding as well. Gotta check if the XHP35 HI that’s in my Catapult V6 is better than the Osram in the D2, which I think it is. Could also try de-doming the Osram emitter on the D2.

Yes, the Catapult with its bigger reflector and smooth reflector will definitely throw more, but it needs some mods to work with the sbt90.2. You will need a different driver, but mostly because the xhp35 HI is a 12 volt emitter, and the sbt90.2 is a 3 volt emitter. the sbt90.2 being 3volt is great, because you can use it in more applications with more ease, but it is not unfortunately transferrable into lights that have xhp70.2 or xhp35 HI, or some xhp50.2 led's. Soldering iron definitely needed, beside that just leaded solder, flux, thermal paste.

I am going to try and post something in a new thread of what i use, and then hopefully others will start adding to it. ill use pictures too.

Osrams can be used interchangeable with other 3volt emitters as they are 3 volt. Osrams are all dedomed technically. When i have more time i will respond more thoroughly. glad to hear youre interested!

Hmm, alright, thanks for the info.

Looking forward to it. Is there a way you could tag me in it so I’ll be notified? Or do I have to somehow subscribe to you so I’m notified when you post? Heck, if you could just post a link to it here when you do, that’d do it. I’m new to using this forum and still getting used to how it all works, as it’s a bit different than the ones I’m used to.

Well, the one in this flashlight has a dome on it. It’s an OSRAM GW.PUSRA1 PM LED. I have no experience with Osram LED’s until recently where I got that light, and I think the two emitters on my Nitecore Tini 2 are Osrams. Can’t tell if they’re domed or not because of the reflector design. They seem to have a bubble on top that looks like a domed LED but I think that’s just part of the reflector/bezel. It’s a weird setup but the beam is amazing. VERY big flood, but it still has quite a large and pronounced/well defined hotspot.

KD is http://www.kaidomain.com/ , BLF user BanL seems to own/run the shop, primary BLF thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32313

Good lookin’ out :+1:
Edit: hmmm, I seem to get a “page not found” notification on the website, kind of odd. Plus in the top left by the website address, it says “not secure”. Is this normal for that website? (I’m on Chrome btw)

thanks Tom!

im getting a "page not found" message as well.. but not the "not secure " message.

maybe Tom was just sharing the home page? Or was there a specific item, I have looked back through the conversation to see if anything was mentioned. Either way, Kaidoman is a great place to buy emitters I have bought there a few times. Specifically when needing a triple board in parallel for my fw3a, came with mounted xpl-hi 4000k. Very nice!

Fixed it (ooops, a comma snuck in) in post #74: http://www.kaidomain.com/

I use Chrome and no problem, but not surprising a security warning. Lot's of small biz sites may have that. It's legit, used it for years, many, many of us here. He's been very supportive of BLF.

Sweet, yeah sounds like if I need any emitters and/or boards for mods or builds, that’s the place to shop at as I’ve seen it mentioned in several threads.

Sweet, thanks for the info Tom E, much appreciated :slight_smile: Thank you both for your input!

yes, them and of course Simon's Convoy flashlight store on AliExpress. That is where I get 75% of my stuff. The rest is at mountain electronics (MTNE.com). Another gem of a store too

Artie!?

Hey! Man, I almost forgot about this thread! I have a bunch of new lights! Lol

damn that sucks to hear.. i usually have pretty good communication with him, but sometimes it takes him 5-6 days to respond. they dropped a new light today, a 9 emitter mule with aux leds (a non regulated version of the NovMU), for $65. im gonna grab one.. hopefully it goes OK. Hank is really super consistent though.

Hey Professor Photon,nice pics. Do you know if the Mateminco pd90s and the mt35 mini’s have auxiliary leds.

Hey Jimo!

They do not have auxiliary LED's, only in the switch for battery voltage and as a locator function. The xhp50 and sst40 version of the atrolux ft03 mini (mt35s mini, maybe?) had aux in the reflector, but theyre discontinued i believe. Hope youve been well