No Internationally shipped Li Ion battery anymore?

Mistake? That is low voltage for fresh cell

I suspect so. Just this morning I got my order of the same Sanyos from FT.

All measured at 3.79V. Wrapped the same way but in with quite a few other items in a large envelope.

Maybe this foil thing is a “face saving” thing, i.e., vendors may have been protesting to HK Post about this whole shipping batteries thing, and so they all agree that doing SOMETHING, like this, at least.

I just received my 4 panasonic ncr18650pf. They were wrapped in the foil and it took 14 days with singapore post to UK.

All cells are 3.65v out of the box. According to the label they have been manufactured in July 2013. So definitely a great deal.

Yes, mistake. It’s 3.xx. I correct my post.
Thanks for the heads up.

Good news, FastTech will continue to ship them still but advise to order cells separately or with a flashlight:
FastTech forum sticky
BLF discussion

Efestbattery also ship, now by Shanghai Post instead of Hong Kong Post (thanks Helios for the notice).

AKA China Post…

China Post is not bad! I got some packages quite quickly.

Told you……… 8)

“Hey guys, lets make our battery shipments look like small bricks of cocaine, and only do it to the shipments with batteries…”

:bigsmile:

ROFLOL!

I just got an email notification from Hank at IOS in regards to delayed orders….

I was chatting with Cherry from Wallbuys this morning about battery shipments - I have two Keeppower 14500’s from 5th September in transit (or not). She said the battery problem has been resolved by them by using Switzerland Post. Interesting?

I have an order of just batteries coming from Wallbuys via Singapore post. The tracking says dispatched to overseas destination so I think they have virtually made it.

Well, I mentioned this in post #22 maybe they decided to check that option too :slight_smile:
Now, we just need a group buy for all types of NCRBs :bigsmile:

Good news and I see you are also in the UK. Wallbuys good for named batteries such as Panasonic? If they are the real deal (no counterfeits) and their prices match fasttech I will be opening an account and ordering.

Well, I’ve had protected Panasonic NCR18650B (3400mAh) from them on a group buy which seem genuine enough to me. Unfortunately the very good prices are no longer available - I think I paid $28 for 4 a few months ago - and a pair of 3400’s now cost $17, but at least they might arrive.

Ta Woody, I think they are still cheaper than I’ve seen listed closer to home. Just need to sort my damn PayPal out now.

Oh, much cheaper than from Uk dealers, for sure. Don’t forget the Wallbuys coupon.

So this crap really hit the fan? It’s been so long ago since they started to worry about lithium batteries in airmail. Come on. It’s not the batteries themselves that cause the problem. Yeah shipping large quantities of them can be dangerous if not properly packed etc.

The only issue is if something else shorts them, but that is an issue for any electronic and battery.

So how can one buy lions now? Like 18650s 26650s lipo packs from Asia?

Is the only budget option going to be ground/ocean mail?