No Internationally shipped Li Ion battery anymore?

Don’t worry, i’m sure the next groupbuy will be a container full of liions leaving China on a ship J)

Little notice on Wallbuys site about batteries:

since then i was stuck using my old Li Ion battery,some of them already near 100x charge times so they won’t keep the current like they were before :_(

A little update on my FT order shipped via HKP: 4-18650s + a 4-cell battery box/charger has shown ‘acceptance’ since Oct. 11. Another order that probably won’t make it. :frowning:

I know you may not know this Chloe but you are impressive with your general knowledge here: No ‘fakes’ at Wallbuys? (I would not even know if I got one).

And for a newby like me with no flash light or batteries it would be best to get Panasonic protected cells? (Trying to get the batteries before the flashlight as their availability is the deal breaker) and not flat topped? (Just looking for the type that will fit most eventualities and will not rule out many flash lights).

Depending what you or others say I think I will get 4 from Wallbuys and if I end up getting a flashlight that only uses two or three then no big problem. I’ve been in limbo for weeks and the chance of getting some 18650’s…well…I gotta take it.

“Fake” eh…… Depends on what you consider fake. There are a bajillion ‘clones’ of premium flashlights out there (A lot of them are great quality). If you take your time and research you should be fine.

Personally, I would go with Panasonic 3400mAh NCR18650B Protected. The only negative is that they are long and you need to check to make sure the flashlight you’re getting will fit them. I would check this thread out.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Panasonics, but do bear in mind protected cells might not fit some lights as they’re slightly thicker and longer, and some lights also have a spring at positive terminal making flat top preferable.

Thank you Chloe. Apologies, I was too far into my search to let you know I meant fake Panasonic batteries. Always uncertain (eg I noticed FT say “Authentic cells” on Panasonic but not on Sanyo :~ ) without the knowledgeable like you to show the way! :slight_smile: Anyway seems from what you say there is no problem with their panasonics altho since yesterday I think they have less range and slightly higher prices. I am looking for something along the lines of a 4 1850 cell chunky (this shape whatever its called chunky ). Any need to avoid protected button tops with these designs? I know you can’t answer decisively because they may not be that similar for battery fitment but an idea would do. :slight_smile: Sorry for the questions :8)

I ordered some things from fastech some days ago, included two 18500 Sanyo cells. Yesterday I got a shipping notice, they shipped via HKPost.
Today I got this:

They refunded the cells……

Was that last line (after “Jessica”) something that THEY added, or did you add that :)?

I was planning to order batteries from China so how should I ask they be shipped?

They did the same with my last order that had some li-ion cells. I ordered the cells separately (unregistered airmail).

Did you order the batteries a second time separate?

We have 2 threads running somewhat parallel.

Hourseckill event -> 10/2/2013 -> got a pair of NCR18650B (protected, button top) from WB, shipped via SGPO -> arrived at local customs office on 10/21/2013 -> will have them tomorow or 10/24… :slight_smile:

Glad your cells got through, Sirius9!

I wish Wallbuys or Banggood would stock Efest cells. >.<

Yes! Including efest imr 10440s.

I ordered a pair of those big ole 32650’s from fasttech about two weeks ago and there riding across the US now. Should be here in a day or two. I don’t know how if those where seen on a x-ray machine, you could mistake them for anything but what they are. Some how they made out of HK.

tmart emailed me the other day mentioning switz pos as well. well, i’ll wait and see

Not Tmart, but I got a li-ion cell from Shenzhen via Swiss Post. It came really quickly too.