No Internationally shipped Li Ion battery anymore?

Do I need to take any special actions when trying to order batteries from Fasttech or just give it a try?

Say your prayers. I ordered a battery box so they’d be IN something and……hung up in HK for 12 days. :frowning:

Received my NCRBs from WB today :slight_smile: (mentioned in post #210) they were packed in very very thin bubble (no air in bubbles) foil, and aluminum foil, another layer of bubble (no air here either) foil and yellow sticky tape and that’s it, very very thin package. When I saw aluminum foil I was convinced that batteries were at 0.0V and shorted with conductive aluminum foil. Fortunately they were @ 3.58 both…

Unless your order includes something they can put the cells in (battery box or flashlight) then you should order the cells separately otherwise they will just ship the rest of the order and refund you for the cells.

I ordered some 32650 cells a couple of days ago and they have apparently shipped. Getting here is another question though. I’ve gotten 2 packages with lions from Fasttech that I ordered at the end of Sept. They were both 14500s though, which I assume is not on the watch list because they would be difficult to discriminate from AAs.

But some stuff is getting through, maybe 18650s are what the customs are looking for.

My TF 32650’s came from fasttech today. No special wrapping, just a small bubble envelope, smaller than what I usually have seen. About the size of a post card.

sad… my fasttech order end of sept still no news… i emailed them but no reply and its the 4th day i emailed them.

Lucky bugger. Mine have been sent back twice.

It would seem this new crackdown is making things more dangerous rather than less so.

maybe i should buy a laptop battery and strip it up as last resort?
mine got canceled and FT already refund my credit
:_(

but how will we know whether its new or re-con?

I’m gonna make one more order for some oddball batteries that I may never use. Kinda like the flashlights I buy.

This makes me chuckle…lol.

Sorry but this turned to BS!

I ordered with FT two flashlight 2x18650 each and 4 18650 batteries, and wrote also a note with the order reminding them to put batteries inside with insulator disc, like they said they should do now.

Well, three days later got a notice of shipping with this side note:

"We are sorry to tell you that your order has been shipped out before I saw your ticket."

So that basically means that even if they had two empty flashlights, they put the batteries in the usual envelope.

I can't believe how dumb those can be!!

Yea, they need about 3 days nowdays at fasttech to respond…

slowtech… =.=

I believe I had a question about this very issue and someone told me to read better, and that it clearly said they did it automatically without even being prompted… :stuck_out_tongue:

From Wallbuys popup_
_
Battery issue still serious , some packages are returned . In order to Safeguard customers’ right,we have to refund the money for these packages

any problem, contact us soon

10/24/2013

At least they shipped your cells instead of cancelling them and shipping the rest of the order!

Ordered 4 pairs from banggood today, we shall see if they will pass or…