No Internationally shipped Li Ion battery anymore?

scumbag gandalf J)

A new notice on Hong Kong Post site about the lithium ban.

http://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/publications/notices/2013/20131025a/index.htm

Updated notice on FastTech site says they will trial China Post next week, horray!

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/stickies/t/1069195/important-shipping-information

Thanks Chloe

Moreover, the senders will not be entitled to any postage refund and may be liable to prosecution.

Finally some sense I suppose.

Well, I guess I know now why my FastTech tracking number from two weeks ago still hasn’t kicked in…but maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Just out of curiosity, with a tracking number starting “RT” and ending “HK”, do you just enter the digits between them?
I never bothered to track a package before, but this battery kerfuffle has me curious this time.

Mine kicked in, but have been stuck at HKP for coming up on 2 weeks. :frowning:

I don’t have any extra 18650’s for my new flashlights!

And everything is confusing. Some say that it’s OK to ship lithium batteries together with the device but HKP says that NO battery at ALL, even with device!? How the f* am I supposed to use a laptop without batteries!? This is just stupid and silly.

Swedish Posten says:
For international letters and packages may a maximum of 2 lithium batteries or 4 lithium cells be sent, and they have to be installed in the equipment and packaged according to PI 967 and PI 970, section II of ICAO regulations.

Put the whole code in including the letters. You can use 17track.net too.

Thanks, Chloe. Looks like mine isn’t in the system, at least yet.

Shipped on Oct. 14, it must be either a bad backlog or returned to FastTech. Oh well… :~

Basically HKP is making up their own rules…

I put in one last order for some various size batteries, just in case they crack down so hard it may come to a screeching halt.
2-14500
2-10440
4-16340
1-34650
4-Sanyo 18650 2600
And various battery converters.

I hope they make it… :frowning:

this battery issue is affecting a lot on the overall postage service.
bad image and bad for business.

my order from FT (HKP) and IOS (SGP) both have no batteries must still be laying somewhere in the cargo warehouse.
3 weeks and tracking info still not found.

Yes it is bad but if it wouldn’t be the liion problem they would have found another problem to delay the post…some times in every year all breaks down and needs some month until it works just like normal….until they find another problem…

I just get my 18650s right now from Good brand local bought Laptop batteries. problem solved.

already get a laptop battery from my friend,must be very careful to tear it up :~

I’m staring at an older, occasionally used laptop… contemplating…

I have 15 lion cells requirement, and only 6 viable cells (8 cells “”“on their way”“”)… I hate having empty flashlights. :expressionless:

knowing this old timer (the battery) will hold the current or not is matter of time.
oohhh the horror :zipper_mouth_face:

FastTech are now providing China Post and Swiss Post shipping options:
http://www.fasttech.com/forums/feedback/t/1072985/update-china-post-and-swiss-post-shipping-options

Preparing for the worst.
14x 2600mAh Sanyo bought this summer in cold storage :bigsmile:

I just saw my 32650’s are getting sent back to Fasttech. I tried again with Swiss Post, so we’ll see how it goes.