No Internationally shipped Li Ion battery anymore?

Does the tracking actually get updated “returning to sender” or something like that? Some of my batteries have been stuck at HKP for 2 weeks + with no update. :frowning:

On the Hong Kong post website:

I accessed it through http://www.17track.net/

Just found out the same thing, thanks to reading this post…thanks!!

Are they showing any tracking info on HKP site? I am waiting for an order to show up but it could take 15 days for them to process:
http://www.fasttech.com/forums/order-support/t/1068549/hkp-tracking-number-not-in-system?1069284

I ordered 3 32650s from Fasttech on October 21st, they showed up in the system October 25th and then showed the ‘return to sender’ message today.

Mine did the same thing, except ordered 10th, shipped 11th, hit hkp 16th, then it showed “Origin post is preparing shipment” some days later (can’t recall exact number).

According to 17 track it has been returned to sender (no specific date). I opened a support ticket on FT 2 days ago inquiring about whether or not it was returned to them, but they haven’t answered.

I can now see why people are are rather angry at FT. They can’t control most of it, but the least they could do is provide reasonable response time on returned packages. It seems I’ll be paying a bit more to buy batteries elsewhere for the time being.

The battery order I placed with Wallbuys on 24/9 have finally arrived. The order was only batteries and I had 4x TF 26650s and 2x Panasonic NCR18650Bs. They had packaged them inside 3 empty charger units. haha

Have 3 orders from FT via HKP, and none are showing a thing with tracking numbers.
Only one is a battery order going back to sept 10

Bergtjie, how recent were the orders by HKP? Last news was that packages can take 15 days to show on their system:
http://www.fasttech.com/forums/order-support/t/1068549/hkp-tracking-number-not-in-system?1069284

The September package could have been returned and reshipped. Some have received their late packages labelled with new tracking numbers not passed onto FastTech to give to customers.

It’s hard to believe that my Tmart 1cent-blue-Ultrafire-promo-battery arrived quickly within 2 weeks, yet about 80% of all my other (ALL non-battery) shipments are stuck somewhere, well over 30 days. Awesome filtering :stuck_out_tongue:

Made above quote a bit more concise.

Update:

This shows up on 17track now:

“The item (Tracking #) was returned to sender on 30-Oct-2013.”

FT also replied to ticket with something along the lines of “hey we spent 2 seconds looking into this issue, saw batteries were in the order and here’s our standard reply” :\

I’ll check in on the other orders sooner (if they get stuck) just check to see what I am thinking is going on, is not actually going on.

• Sept 1st package was returned by SG, re shipped on the 10th sept, HKP , no tracking at all (Eneloops and 2xLithium)
  • October 18th shipped no tracking at all HKP (lights and parts)
  • -October 24th shipped no tracking at all HKP (laptop battery and knife)
    I’ve tried both HKP and track17 to track , package not found- now shipped

hey guys i order some batteries too from FT hope they find there way back to me!!

am thinking something , on FT they sell this battery boxes (https://www.fasttech.com/products/1379300 ) , on this battery boxes the batteries will be enclosed without the issues of some exterior liquids going to touch them!! ( if you read the regulations says that they afraid from some liquids mixed with batteries and short them out!

have no idea if this going to help… if FT change the battery boxes to this waterproof ones!!

Just ordered 4x samsung 20Rs from fasttech, registered mail.

Hopefully here by xmas!

Chris

Well my one of my other orders of lithiums from FT ordered 24th, shipped 25th, hit hkp 29th, processing for departure from HK 30th… fingers crossed

Hey, I actually like that idea, and think in theory at least the customs should be happy enough with that.

What do you guys think?

With X-Rays do not understand that is watertight and in that container are not seen electrical contacts, you can clearly see only the batteries a bit spaced.

OMG. WHy do you store your batteries in the fridge ?! Do you know that with the cold they can shorted and might explode or cause fire ?

Cold is better for long term li-ion storage. As long as they stay dry shorting isn’t a concern.

You can pack them with silica gel to absorb any airborne moisture.