No Internationally shipped Li Ion battery anymore?

I ordered a cell, shipped the 4th by Swiss Post (Singapore), on tracking four days later but no updates since. I received it 22nd October, so not a terrible experience.

My last order I chose China Post. Let’s see how long it takes! :party:

Wohooo! [Probably too early celebration]

Ordered some redacted from redacted on 24th, shipped 28th, Dispatched overseas today!

I just got 4 2600 sanyos and a 32650. Shipped from FT on the 25th, so that’s like 10 days. I have another battery order from FT shipped on the 21st, and have no idea about it.

Who are you guys purchasing batteries from in the states?

I get a lot of mine from r-lsales on Ebay.

For what it’s worth…I bought 2 3400 unprotected Panasonics from him a month ago that came full charged. When I asked him about it he said that they were returned stock and that he charged them to test out a charger. Not exactly new stock that he advertised them as.

I just learned a few minutes ago that my power bank (ordered from FT Oct 15) which included 6 - 18650s, has been “returned to sender Nov. 7”.

Oh well. Anybody have a Plan B?

I thought batteries ‘contained in a device’ were allowable. Guess I was wrong.

That’s unfortunate they were detected and returned. :frowning: Did you use Hong Kong Post? My “Plan B” would be to roll the dice again. Maybe next time will be lucky.

I ordered some 186650’s from a UK seller, (trustfires, £5.00) next day, they added an extra £10 on the price, making it £14.99 for 2 batts.

Profiteering b**s!!

What was the extra £10 for? You could get a pair of Panasonic 3400mAh for that.

is crazy , i call DHL and they informed me that they aloud only 2 cells by device and package ! or else we have to pay extra fees for dangerous goods because they have to transfer them with cargo airplanes in airtight container !

To test, I ordered 2X26650 to Tmart.es (Spain) were shipped from China with China Post (traking RBxxxx…CN) but have been returned to the sender. But Tsmart sent them again, this time the N. traking is RExxxx…SE: come from Sweden! this is a real “plan B”, I’ll see if it works.

mine from FT starts from RC ………hk hope they will arrived !! finger cross!!

Hello, I’ve ordered two huge RC Lithium polymer battery packs and four 26550 batteries from DX.com and a bunch of Li-po batteries from banggood…. (15 or so) Most in separate orders.

All have been sent from their respective origin countries… So, No problem I guess?

For me HK post takes less than a week (when sent non-bulk using RBxxxxxxHK tracking number and the note on the package saying you accept to be prosecuted if the package contains batteries), Singapore Post over a week (but less than a week after it says Sent overseas) and Swiss Post is the worst where it took over two weeks after the package was sent overseas. I paid for HK post and the seller sent with Swiss Post, that was a bit disappointing (and no batteries).

Actually China Post is the worst with my last package sitting two weeks in Beijing doing nothing: “20131027, 出口总包互封开拆, 北京国际”. Strangely enough non-tracked China Post is reasonably fast while both registererd airmail, packages and even EMS are dog slow.

“Swedish Post” is actually “Postnord Direct Ship, Singapore” so not much different from Singapore Post. But worked fine for me.

^Awww, so close. The seller checked and USPS doesn’t ship unless the batts are in devices atm.

Is there an e-shop in Canada that sells and ships Samsung INR18650?

I suspect that they are taking advantage of the battery shipping problems to rake the bucks in, greedy buggers!!

8 Samsung 20R’s from FT

Ordered - 10/18
Shipped - 11/5
Returned to sender 11/8

Guess we will see how long it takes to refund my monies.

Receive my batteries from FT today, order on Oct 13.

Shipped with usual packaging in envelope, not cover by foil.