Noctigon Meteor M43 BLF Discount Buy - $50+ Discount! - MTN & Intl-Outdoor

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Actually, maybe +/- 20 seconds or so is possible? Percentage wise it is a lot thenā€¦
Wait, the temperature is set at 50 degrees, so going from 20 or 0 degrees ambient temperature to 50 does indeed make a differenceā€¦

tried the code at 7:30 this morning and it is expired already??? Wow!

edit: my mistake, sorry.

I just checked at Mountain, and it still worksā€¦

May I ask why? Because of the lower Vf of the nichia versus xpg2?
The 219c has the same cri as xpg2 or similar.

Actually, Iā€™m not disappointed. Iā€™ve spent way too much money this year on this hobby already.

I would imagine if these were high CRI Crees they would be advertised as much. Assuming these are the low CRI Crees their CRI is likely in the high 60s bottom 70s which is a far cry from the Nichia 80+ offerings.

If Iā€™m not mistaken, the XP-G2 leds that are offered for the Meteor have lower CRI.

No. It still works.

Hah. Very possible. I thought the xpg2 are near the 80cri number.

There are a whole bunch of leds. You can check out the data sheet of Cree, and see what CRI values specific bins have.

Iā€™m actually a bit bummed that XP-G3 and 219B are not availableā€¦

If you want a high output soda can light, you canā€™t go wrong with this. I absolutely love my 219C Meteor.

+1

And,

- it is so much more compact than an average soda can light like the Tiny Monster, it is much more pocket-able.

- it has very useful low modes, in the order of 3 and 50 lumens, making the light useful for everyday use.

• quality is top notch

Can we bug you for a spectrum and CRI reading? :innocent:

+1

Iā€™ve had mine (with 219B 5000K) for well over a year and it still amazes me.

+1

and your subjective opinion of this 219C 80+ CRI compared to 219B please :slight_smile:

My subjective opinion of the 80+ 5000K 219C vs. 90+ 4500K 219B:

• 219C is much brighter --- noticeably so
  • 219C is just as neutral, if not more so (the 4500K always looked a little rosy; the 5000K does not)
  • Colors look very close on the 219C. The 219B may render flesh tones a little bit better, but really subjectively for flashlight use you are cutting hairs.

I have not put a 219B into any of my personal lights since I got my hands on the 219C. The 219C has been my #1 personal light LED since I got them.

For the most part the 219C and its 80+ CRI is quite enough. The 5000K CCT is perfect and because itā€™s absolutely stable from the spot (if you can even call it that) all the way to the spill with no shift, you canā€™t really criticize it. Iā€™ll take this form of beam every day before a high CRI light that doesnā€™t have a stable CCT. I havenā€™t seen the 219B Meteor so cannot comment on that, but generally I really like the rosy tint.

I havenā€™t measured the Meteor, but hereā€™s a Reylight triple with the same 80+ CRI 219C:

I really like the tint of 219c D320, to me it looks very neutral white.

I have it in a : triple X6, single X6, triple A6, single A6, I even swapped the emitter in my new Imalent HR20 that Iā€™ve had for two days.