Noctigon Meteor M43 official sales and discussion thread

Noctigon Meteor is back in stock at Intl-outdoor. Minor additional machining around the button area for improved access I guess (as pictured on first page of this thread). Dark grey is the only colour available for selection.
Hope this light will be equipped some day with 219C 90+ CRI 4000K, and eventually 5000K when they become available.
In the meantime looking forward to Noctigon’s new 17000 lumen monster ;-).

Nice! I thought they might have finished with this light. Maybe most are lookin for the Nichia LED options or looking for the bigger monster.

What have I missed!??
A mighty 17000 lumen Noctigon!??

When / where / how much!?? :wink:

every post here lets me hope for news...

Hank - where are the NEWS????

Post #100 Noctigon Meteor M43 BLF Discount Buy - $50+ Discount! - MTN & Intl-Outdoor

I have not read about price. Mentioned here that hopefully it’s released before Christmas.

This is the only (little) info right now

Thanks, finges! :+1:

Perhaps Noctigon/Hank Wang can start a fresh new thread regarding the new 17000 lumen monster? (Wrote this seeing he is active now, yay!)

Really low price again, don’t know for how long.

Intl-outdoor: M43 $128
Mountain Electronics: $129.90 only 2 pieces left

Edit: seems to be a November special.

So I wanted to swap the standard Carclo 10507 optics for the narrow frost 10511 variant, but it turns out the outer diameter of the 10511 I have is just a tad larger than that of the black ring surrounding the optics. What’s happening here? Carclo slightly increased diameter or do I have fake Carclo optics? Anyone experienced this?

Carclo have two factories - one in the UK and another in Czech if Im not mistaken. UK made optics is very presicion, OD difference is not more than 0.02mm.

You need to trim or sand the little "gate crop" on the outside of the optic to make it fit. The Carclo optics are not perfectly round due to the protruding gate crop, so if you have a round hole you need to often sand or trim the gate crop to make it fit. Some batches of the optics have bigger gate crops than others. I have had batches with no trimming required, but others where every one needs to be trimmed.

Thank you kiriba-ru and RMM for the replies. Yes I also felt the attachment/break section that apparently is named “gate crop”. I was under the impression that the gate crop was not sticking out but reducing diameter slightly (which is tolerant wise also possible), nevertheless I sanded it a bit just in case. The optic would still not fit, so I sanded the circumference of the optic a little bit as well until it fit.
It’s really neat to realise when changing just the optics how everything is precision engineered, and how a lot of effort was made to reduce the length of the light as much as possible.
Thanks a lot for the help; much appreciated! :+1: :beer:

I’m afraid I have not much interesting to report at this moment. Two weeks ago I finally got the Thrunite TN30 mini NW, and I’ve been using it accompanied with a Convoy L6 NW and Lumintop SD75 in the woods. All three lights are really awesome in their own way. The mini TN30 has got a pretty bad yellowish tint (although I still prefer it over a cool white tint for a flood light), and the spill beam right in front of me is too bright that it distracts me. Nevertheless it’s awesome in its own way, and I got used to it.
But yesterday I went to the park to do a quick comparison of a stock M43, and another identical one but with two optics replaced with the 10511 narrow frost.
I hit turbo and was just blown away with the amazing gorgeous tint of the 219C, and the so much better beam profile compared to the mini TN30 that I just wanted to enjoy using the light instead of doing a technical comparison between two almost identical lights. There is no doubt a difference, but it was too much of a close call yesterday, as I was just thrilled with the quality of the M43.
Maybe I’ll get the wide frost 10509 someday, and I will do a proper comparison with beamshots as well… Sorry for the boring outcome for now…

Pretty much why the Meteor is my favorite light for the last year or so since I got my first. Hated spending that much on a single light, but minus pocket carry, it is my all arounder. I have a Acebeam K70 that is great for lighting up a cactus at 1000M,but with the Meteor, you can see EVERY cacti within a 90 degree arc in front of you for 400M easy, further on a good dark night… Then turn it down and use it up close… An amazing light for its size

I’m late to the party, but I seriously need to have one of these in the 219B hiCRI.

Does anyone know if it’s available anywhere? Mountain Electronics has the 219C 80+ CRI, but I would prefer 90+ CRI. I’m considering getting the 219C if that’s my only choice.

Also late to the party. The UI has always put me off from getting one. But I love the size. Only if the stone wash white was still available

May I know the reason you choose the 219B version? 219c and 219b have very similar beam pattern and tint, while the 219c is much brighter.

I must say that the M43 UI is much more simplier than how the manual shows and your imagination. You can choose one favorite UI and forget about the others, as for the fancy functions, you do not even need to spend time on that if you think it’s not useful for you.
So many customers finally report to us that they like the UI after some practice, which gives us constant confidence.