Noctigon Meteor M43 official sales and discussion thread

I fell for this flashlight after watching a review on Youtube. I like the even flood of light at a wide angle in front of you.
Since a couple of years I own a Jetbeam T6 which I love for its long throw (700-800 m) and nice warmer tint but sometimes I’m not quite satisfied about the spill around it.
I’ve always thought that LED’s produces too cold or greenish tints so by pure chance I ordered my stone white Noctigon with 4885k S4 3D LED’s.
I’m not sure what to expect really but it’s very exciting. :slight_smile:

Charles Bridgtec by any chance? Just a guess.

Edit:

1) Excellent choice!
2) Welcome to BLF! :partying_face:

Yes indeed! Excellent reviewer. :smiley:
Thank you very much.

Is this the video? :wink:

Yes, slightly warm but not too warm for sure not overly cool like X7. u should like it alot. :wink:

Great choice!

Damn that forest looks creepy. I can hardly wait to get hold of my M43. There’s lots and lots of forest where I live.
I’m not sure why you would want to pay 2, 3 or even 4 times as much money for a flashlight that reduces half its turbo mode brightness after 3-10 minutes
when you can have the Noctigon running for, well…much longer then that I would guess.
The first thing that came to my mind as I saw the M43 was a miniature of the old LED Lenser X21 and on steroids.
Well I’ll let you know if I’ll run into a 7 foot tall mothman with the M43 and strobe him back to the middle ages. :slight_smile:

Cheers man! M43 is still my number 1 light. If you like the M43, you could consider the Emisar D4 EDC light. This light is made by the same manufacturer as the M43, and is absolutely top notch. Price is also really good: $40,-.

:partying_face:

FWIW, here is a runtime graph of the Meteor and several of its peers on turbo.

I just realised something ridiculous. I mean it’s like really ridiculous… Try placing the output curve of the Acebeam X80 in this graph… It doesn’t even fit on my monitor…

Btw, here’s the updated version of that graph with a new PT60 firmware.

Nice graphs!
The Olight X7 is not only bigger, but is also more efficient than the Meteor because of its three XHP-70 LEDs (which are compareable to the Meteor with XP-L LEDs). Taking this into account and also the actual differences in percent I have to say that both the Olight X7 and the PT60 are actually not as nicely regulated as the Meteor. Add to this the fact that the Meteor is the only light in this comparison which has a true thermal regulation (the constant ups and downs show this).

^ I do wonder what kind of reduction in output fluctuation of around 1000 lumens can be achieved if thermal sensor is placed on led board.

Maybe it could be easier to turn the graph sideways then. :slight_smile:
The HaikeLite has a pretty funny curve. At first it goes up to 11000 lm, then after 2,5 min BAM straight down to 4800 lm and after 4,5 min BAM straight down to 2250 lm. Charming.
I just wonder what they would look like in their high modes and where’s Thrunite TN36 on the list?

A curious thought when you look back 5 years ago and FourSevens released their mega beast XM18 with a “mind blowing” 15000 lumens.
Today we’re just about to have the same brightness coming from an ordinary soda can flashlight even though for just a couple of minutes.

Personally I’m not against this kind of step down. What bothers me most with the Haikelite is that it steps down all the way to 2250 lumens. The MT03 is a beast; 600 grams and huge cooling fins. If the X7 can handle 4000 lumens continuously, then so should the MT03 easily. The MT03 should have a 4000 or 5000 lumens mode, which currently it lacks.

I took my Noctigon camping. A group of us were around the fire when I’d taken out my Meteor and shone it around the valley and lit the whole place up. Lots of ooos and aahs. I then put it back into the case and placed it behind me. About 30 seconds later one of the girls asked where the smoke was coming from and then zoned in on the flashlight. It was on, in its case, melting the hell out of the case. I must admit to you, it was quite spectacular to watch and everyone was thoroughly amazed, however, there was me with my head in my hands at my second flashlight oversight since fully indulging in this hobby. I now need a new case.

One broken MT-G2 emitter and a burnt noctigon case. Joy. Don’t mix alcohol with high powered technology.

Got my white Noctigon M43 yesterday. The first thing I had to do was to clean in. They’re using black grease in the threads for the battery tube and it gets all over the flashlight.
As I screw it apart it also felt like sand in the threads. So cleaned up, new grease and wiped some contact spray on the plus pole contact plate. Now it feels very smooth.
I did a short turbo mode test this evening and it’s a wicked light for sure. Almost as bright as my car’s two HID aux headlights.

When the light is turned on and the button backlight slowly pulses red and blue, what exactly does that mean?
I didn’t noticed much difference in light output although the cooling fins became quite warm when the indicator started to pulsate.
When turned off it went back to constant blue indication (I have the beacon blue turned off).

The red glowing button means the light is stepping down due to heat.

Thanks! Ok I think it works very well then. More then happy with my new “compact searchlight”. :laughing:
A tip if you don’t want to undauntedly melt your holster - screw off the battery tube just so the o-ring starts to peak through under the head
and the power cells loose their contact. Sometimes it feels like a hassel to click 6 times to lock the button.

I use UI1, which means it’s also very unlikely that the light will come on in turbo accidentally.

Me too. And turn the button in the holster where there is a lot of free space.