Noctigon Meteor M43 - Stainless steel bezel & tail cap

I am interested in two sets myself. Hopefully IO or Mnt Electronics will carry a batch. I was thinking of ordering from the above link(Taobao) but the site made me feel a little uneasy for a couple of reasons.

I didn’t know there was a problem with the anodization or defects in the light. The original price was sort of around there, before it went to the 178ish price most people have bought it at.

It’s mostly obvious in the white M43’s. Uneven anodization, some tiny scuffs. Mostly annoying things.

Thanks… I had no idea.

On a side note. I wonder how many of noctigons they’ve sold. I think the original run was about 300 or so?

Hank from IO will know for sure.

From MTN Electronics Commercial Seller Thread on March 26, 2016
Regarding posts 6308, 6309, and 6310

saypat wrote:
question: why is Richard discounting the (white) Noctigon Meteors by $7.50. I thought white was one of the chosen colors. Plus he offers this light as a ‘bundle’ with 4 cells. One can get this bundle for something like $183 shipped! I never got one of these but it sure was and is at the top of my wish list! Never thought I would like a Meteor coming my way :-/
RMM replied:
The white ones do not have a perfect finish. Check out the pictures in the listing. I have exaggerated the “two tone” finish on the battery tube with lighting to show the worst case scenario, but it is definitely there.
From the listing:
The white finish shows more marks and imperfections than the grey finish, so please keep this in mind when ordering the white. Also, some of the white battery tubes have an almost “two tone” anodizing line part way up the battery tube. Please see the two pictures of the white host before ordering! I am offering a small discount on the white bodies due to the imperfections.

Easyrr wrote:
Richard, I assume you get these from Hank, right? What is his point of view? Is it a faulty batch or a different manufacturer’s first attempt? It’s really hard to believe this did not ring the bell at his side when the parts were shipped to you, and to keep up the good reputation of the Meteors should have been exchanged immediately after you noticed something went wrong.
RMM replied: I am not very happy about it, but unfortunately this seems to be the typical Chinese way of doing business: good initial quality, followed by poorer quality, with plenty of excuses. Hank knew about it and told me in advance (after I had already paid for the lights), so I am not very happy right now, especially about the white ones, but at this point I still need to sell them and will have to deal with getting reimbursed later.

Yep, since then I got a two tone white from Hank. Mine is not as bad as in Richard’s pictures, you can barely notice the difference. I think this two tone thing was always there but not that visible, at least that’s my conclusion after checking roughly all the pics available on the net about the M43. Other thing: don’t expect a perfect machining either, but also minor stuff on mine. Hank told me a couple of months ago that none of the ones that had been on stock were perfect. I am not aware if his statement is still true or not. Performance wise I can’t complain and it’s a kind of it’s own light I am in love with.

Thanks for the info guys.

Yes!

See above post! :smiley:

Looks great! If they become available at IO or MTN i’ll try a heat treat…

FYI - As of 2 weeks ago, with the help of Vinh, Hank is sending me 2 new white bodies out of a good batch. My bad ones were bought from IOS and a seller on BLF with a Vinh modded M43 that I bought.

While I certainly don't mean to cause a rush of replacements from Hank, I do beleive that those who paid full price for their white M43's should get a good white body.

The white ones IMO are horrible because even if you have surgically clean hands, just touching it and transferring the oils from your fingers to any part of the white body or head makes it look like a dirty mechanic's hands were touching it. And it doesn't seem to clean off very easily.

See, I got my white one specifically because I could get it dirty and worn without feeling bad about ruining a nice finish…. I do think this light is amazing, and hope Hank at IOS keeps producing it…

If i get sick of the white, I could bead blast it to a bare finish…

Got to say that the SS bezel and tailcap look good, if i can get a set or two, may try stonewashing for them after protecting the threads some how…

I’d be interested in a SS bezel and tailcap set

IMO, Polish stainless steel doesn’t look very nice matching with white M43, I think I might order one & try black oxide it into gun blue/gray finish.

Did anyone find this on an English site. I can’t get past the login and I haven’t found it anywhere since the last post

Looks great, someone knows where you can buy now?

Are these still available? or know where I could get them, I cannot translate the page in OP

As far as I’m aware of that was the only place where you could get the stainless steel bezel.

Looks nice, but doesn’t look like it ever took off like the Convoy C8 stainless steel bezel. I personally like the black bezels on my M43 and C8.