Noctigon Meteor M43 TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY - OVERALL OPINION

i love my M43 so much i am afraid to use it for fear of braking it and not having a backup. i need to get another so i can use it more often.

Its like the awesome mini nuclear bomb option of flood.

In a review I left on Richards site I dubbed it the "Nuclear Weapon Flash Simulator."

Have you ever use it in strobe mode,and what is your opinion about use it as self defense?Would it be a nuclear weapon for the bad guy?

I'll likely get an identical back-up myself in the Sand color. I've currently got the Grey.

I can't find a Sand one anywhere.... And noone here wants to sell one. I saw one guy here who has like 6 Sand units.

I have 1 S4-2B gray, 1 S4-2B white and 1 Vinh S4-2B Spec 4 in white.

ahha……Hank Wang is here! Great….lol :smiley:

I just had to buy the great amazing large, tiny light from the big Wang (oh god the shadow warrior memories…) . And I also have a nitecore tm06s incoming and I hope to be doing some runtime tests at slightly lower levels on them both with hopefully the exact same batteries.

Glad you decided to get the M43. I’m interested in your opinion of it compared to the TM06S

I will do a comparison when I have them both. Should get the nitecore this week but since it’s a christmasgift for me (yes had to order it myself :stuck_out_tongue: ) will be a while before I can try it out. And will probably be closer to a month before I the meteor lands. But I’ll post a comparison and try to do a runtime comparison at around 1500/480 lumens and maybe 160. Mostly because it’s so hard to find info on lower levels with the meteor so I feel compelled to test myself because I need to know!

Managed to find a review of the meteor with runtime tests high/mid using Samsung INR18650-25R or Sanyo NCR18650BL

High 3105 Lumens for 100 minutes
Medium 905 lumens for 220 minutes

Quite interesting read (despite google translate) since there are so few reviews around.

Google translated review

Check out the runtime graph of the TM06S here. Reviews de Linternas: NITECORE TM06s

Not by definition worse, as it depends on what you want. But I just prefer boost drivers.

Unfortunately it’s only tested in turbo mode. But I looked at selfbuilts review of the original TM06 and the 4 hours runtime at high is more like 2 hours 47 min to 50% And the output starts falling at just over 100 minutes… Not very impressive and I suspect the new one will be about the same. The more I look into both lights the more I’m happy that I bought the meteor.

Only problem now it that I’m stuck in what batteries to buy… Going by what’s in stock at nkon I’ll probably get the NCR18650GA or INR18650-30Q Is the turbo mode regulated in brightness by how much power the battery can deliver?

Yes, it does affect the amount of lumens. But between those two the difference is slim, so I doubt that you will be able to see it unless you have them side by side.

I got same value with ceiling bounce test with both cells. Are you sure about this? The boost driver “pulls” the required amps from the cells; with tha GA you have a bit more voltage sag than with 30Q, so the driver corrects this to deliver the required power/amps to the ledboard.

No, since I haven’t measured it I’m not sure there is much of a difference between those two specific cells. But I have measured quite significant differences in light output on turbo between other cells in the M43.

Hmmm… interesting. I only tested the GA and 30Q, and you have the 25R and what other cells? I’m gone for the week, so can’t do tests…
I also tested to what point the cells can deliver full turbo output. With GA it was until cell voltage was 3.50V, and with 30Q until 3.45V. So I figured it doesn’t matter what cells you use as long they can handle about 10A.

From my “experiments”,it depends on the flashlight.There are some of them preferring the GAs,while others,prefer the 30Qs.

I’m sorry could you please explain? It sounds like you’re talking about how well the cells physically fit a flashlight in general…

No,of course no.I mean electrically.

Ah ok. But I still don’t understand. Can you further explain please?