Noctigon XM16, XP16, XM20 and XP20 Copper Core PCBs.+ MT-G20 (Update)

Both my packages with copper MCPCBs and some LEDs have shipped… :slight_smile:

just checked again, mine is still processing, perhaps because of one of the other items in my order

Mine haven’t shipped yet, and I think I got my order in before anyone. Could this be a Canadian conspiracy?

Do you use soldering paste to reflow leds on the pads? or regular soldering wire will work also!
Last time I did this it was just a led swop (xml2 -> TF X9 emitter) so neither the led or pads was clean, already had solder on them...

I always add just a touch of solder from rosen-core solder wire for electrical components (some brand from Home Depot). Not sure if it is the correct thing to do, but it always works for me. I push down the emitter to push out excess solder

If the MCPCB doesn't have escape pads for the excess solder to flow onto, you can usually add them by scraping off a little patch (but it depends on how the layers are laid out). With the pads the LED will automatically squirt out the excess and you don't have to press on the LED... which I have screwed up just about every time I tried it. Much easier to just add the missing pads.

I always tin the pads. Lately I’ve been using a “no clean” flux pencil first. It has a felt tip and draws on clear, like a colorless felt marker. I’ve found this lets the smallest dab of solder flow onto the entire surface of the pad, cleanly, and perfectly even.

Ordered mine on 05-01 shipped 05-02 ordered XM16’s.

I know that the soldering paste is best way to go, but that stuff last like 6 months or so and has to be stored in fridge. It's not expensive but I would have to throw away most of it...

Noctigon MT-G20 copper core PCB is now in stock.

ordered 4 pcs :D

now, how about stocking MT-G20 LEDs :P

Hopefully, next week.

Thanks!

intl-outdoor have now started to sell them premounted emitters on Copper stars.
Price example:
XM-L2 T6 3C bare LED= 7,5$
16mm Noctigion = 1,84$ (if 2 are bought)
Total price DIY= 9,34$

Premounted price= 9,45$
http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-xm16-mcpcb-cree-xml2-t6-3c-led-p-718.html

Cant complain on that! :wink:

thanks ordered 3, max I could get.

Hank, if you could consider making color XP-E on 16mm Noctigons in your future batches, it would surely be a world first.

They are shown to gain significant benefits from copper pcb mounting in one recent test here

Please please please get 20mm round copper triple XP-G/Nichia 219 Noctigons that fit Carclo 10507. Boards are enough. If you even get them with soldered on XP-G2s 3C/D and or Nichia 219s. I bet everybody making a triple would get them because the triples do generate some kind of heat compared to single emitter boards.

I need at least one for a Nichia triple 0:)

+1

+2, also want a nichia triple!

Just got my last part for my triple build, direct drive mosfets from Vishay.

I know all the LEDs like higher temperatures to keep their Vf lower but it also reduces ouput, still for a triple a copper board would be nice!

Come on, still waiting 0:)

Getting tempted to use the aluminum one.

I am still waiting on my first order of Noctigon’s :frowning:

Shipped on 5/13….to the US :frowning: