Nominate Best AAA Pocket Flashlight

Thanks! Do you have a link for the bronze one?

In the review.

I only see a link for the Brass Art, but not the Phosphor Bronze

I do not have the other one. Cnqualitygoods.com maybe. I think they made it.

yes , it works with Button Top 10440 cell. The owner of AIRAYLAND (爱光岛) store said the driver is capable of handling 10440 cell.
thanks for The Tool clip tip!

I purchased mine from taobao.com
or google “爱光岛 磷表铜AAA”

I got quite a few AAA lights. In every jacket I have, there is an AAA light sitting in the right breast pocket. The lights tend to rotate a little…

In my most worn jacket the ULTRATAC K18 rotated in and never out!
But the only light on the worktable is the BLF 348! I love it for close inspection and detail illumination…

+1 for the Astrolux A01, especially if you like moonlight/mid/high mode order!

Has anybody ever modded a K18?

I’d be totally sold if it came in a warmer tint. I love my Ti3’s NW but I shorted it out by being irresponsible with a 10440. Plus I had to Loctite the clip because it was notorious for popping off.

A group buy of the K18 with a Nichia would be sweet.

Yes please! I’d be all over that.

Lumintop tool is my favorite right now. Well it’s the only AAA light I currently have .

We just have a new military EDC flashlight T11

use CREE XP-G2 R5 LED which maximum output 190lumens

powered by one AA dry battery, maximum runtime can reach 60 hours

I consider that cost along with ruggedness and long life are important factors. Although I have some more expensive the Tank 007 e09 is my favorite.
Jerry

Oh crap. Why did decide to browse the forum.

In the meantime, I absolutely love the new Fenix E05 for the size, output and weight.

Lumintop tool. The pocket clip sucks. But it is durable.

I like mine! :slight_smile:

I carried the Maratac AAA copper in my keychain for almost a year with an 10440 inside. Compact, lightweight, smooth operation, decently bright on li-ion. For me that is the best AAA light.

In my mind, an “AAA” battery fueled light should be very small. As small as can be without sacrificing usefulness. If you want a multi-mode UI and other features, best to step up to “AA” or CR123A.

I’d been using a Fenix L0D for years. I rarely put the multi-modes to use and frankly, usually stay on the medium mode that came up first. But then I got a copper Olight i3E. This is such a well made light while being so appropriately powerful, with nice neutral beam tint. And as a twisty, it’s excellent. Nice and tight, with just a small turn needed for on/off.

I’ve got an Astrolux A01 in copper that will look best all tarnished up. But the i3E-Cu looks so good when new and clean. So it won’t be riding along with keys. I’m going to pick up a silver i3E for that purpose. :slight_smile:

Saw the comments on the Ultratac K18 and ordered the SS version. Got it today and it is small and very good looking light, it is also very very bright for 10440. Liked it so much I just ordered a brass one from hke again.

I love the K18 Brass, hate the bright polish finish. I messed with mine a lot. I like this look, fits my pirate self image.