Not ANOTHER NOTTA RANT............Switchez.....

Say watt ya will about MagLite, their shortcomings against today’s better throwers and flooders, butt IMO MagLite’s momentary side switch has from the earliest get-go been a stroke of unparalleled ‘switch genius’ if there ever has been one.

Whenever I pick up a C/D cell MagLite, old or new, becuz of that switch I feel at home.

Can’t say that about ANY other flash out there. MagLite switches: Simple, direct, and no BS. They work dam near everytime and they still do it silently first off the bat – which is how it should be. Not the other GD way around.

To wit, if you’re gonna make/incorporate reverse switches for all your lights at least make them silent.

Do I really NEED to hear a GD LOUD CLICK everytime I turn on a flash?

Do the DEER need to hear, CLICK!!!

DO I really need to hear CLICK!!! AFTER the GD LED is ALREADY LIT?!

Watt am I, SWITCHTARDED?!

C’mon already. If there was a big crowd of us firing up flashes simultaneously the surrounding population would likely file a disturbing the peace PoPo report not becuz of over annoying flashes of bright lights butt becuz of the GD NOISE from 300 SWITCHEZ.

Bitchez. Pls.

I mean really. Sheesh. I think this rant almost deserves a standalone Notta rant. Oh, wait…… Shocked!!!

PS. See this thread. Post #30. I couldn’t help myself I guess. :laughing: :beer: :person_facepalming:

PSS. They can’t say that the CLICK!!! is to better assist the handicapped either. I mean deaf, does no good. Blind, still does no good. DUMB, ok maybe THAT’S the target audience. :open_mouth:

PSSS. The lowly little UTorch SF-01, a sub $10 flash, FINALLY does it RIGHT. Why can’t the REST of you makers start doing it right/smart too? :smiling_imp: And……it’s a REAR RECESSED clicky to boot. (No pun intended - about the boot.)

PSSSS. Hell yessss! I almost forgot. The FW3A. These guyz are doing it!!! They’re smart cuz that electronic switch alone really is kinda brilliant. (I’m purty sure it’s gonna be silent. ). Butt even better than Mag. All the time silent. On, off, mode-in-nating, while doing jumping jacks, making love, cartwheels, etc. I’m prolly gonna HAVE to get one now after this diatribe or Chadvone will put a contract out on me. :open_mouth:

Maybe a slogan for it?..…

“Let the lights do the talkin’ and your boots do the walkin’.”

(Catchy butt I’m not sure this saying is patentable.)

I am with you on this one 100%.
I even have electronic switches that are loud.
The e switch in my wowtac a2 headlamp rattles my brain.

Where are all the low light ninjas that sub lumen to keep wife happy?
Have you all gone to e switch? ?

What’s going on in a switch that has to be so loud?

Isn’t the Maglite switch larger than some of my complete flashlights?

You funny Dutchmen! Make me laff longtime!

:laughing: :beer: